Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bowling league secretary software

#1 User is offline   wagsmom 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

I have been trying to find software for our bowling league. There are several out there, but I have been unable to find one that will work on a Mac. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   PKGuy323 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Install the Parallels and then get a copy of WinXP. Worked for me with my Windows Apps.....very well!

#3 User is offline   JazzieSoft 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

Like PKGuy recommended. Either use VMWare Fusion or Parallels to install XP or Vista. Then get CDE Software's BLS Bowling League Secretary software. They have Mac customers who have used their software. I've used it going back as far as on a Mac Plus when they use to have DOS products.

#4 User is offline   wagsmom 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thank you PKGuy323 and JazzieSoft for replying to my question. The reason is has taken me awhile to reply is because I did not know what Parallels or VMWare Fusion was. I am leaning toward parallels. I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 that is 3 years old. Any pro's or con's on using parallels?
Now before I install this, I have one more question.
Is there maintenance that I should be doing on my mac? I do have it check for up-dates weekly. But is there something else that I am over looking?

#5 User is offline   kersen13 

• PipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

One option too is to download crossover they have like a thirty day demo and see if it will let you run that program through it. that way you don't have to taint your machine with windows. and its only like 80 bucks to buy ..

#6 User is offline   sandbag1 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Which Mac do you have. If it's 3 years old, it could still be a G5 which the Windows boot software cannot use. Only Virtual PC would work on a G5.

#7 User is offline   wagsmom 

• Pip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:00 AM

sandbag1, your right, it is a G5. So I would need to go with Virtual PC. How well does that work?

#8 User is offline   sandbag1 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

If you're patient, it works just fine. I did the league secretary one year with my G5 & VPC using CDE's Bowling League Secretary with no hitches.

#9 User is offline   Dionanda 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:58 AM

View Postsandbag1, on 20 August 2008 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you're patient, it works just fine. I did the league secretary one year with my G5 & VPC using CDE's Bowling League Secretary with no hitches.

Can you tell me why you only used it for 1 year? I have the new MacBook Pro with the Intel Core 2 Duo and using OS 10.6.2. I really don't want to poison my perfect mac with that Virtual PC but it looks like it may be my only option.

#10 User is offline   sandbag1 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostDionanda, on 05 March 2010 - 05:58 AM, said:

View Postsandbag1, on 20 August 2008 - 12:13 PM, said:

Can you tell me why you only used it for 1 year? I have the new MacBook Pro with the Intel Core 2 Duo and using OS 10.6.2. I really don't want to poison my perfect mac with that Virtual PC but it looks like it may be my only option.

I was doing fill in duty for the League Secretary who took a year off. With the newer OSX versions and Intel Macs, use Fusion or Parallels works much faster. I don't think Virtual PC is even around any more.

#11 User is offline   mrdugan 

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

I have been using CDE software for 4 years now running on Parallels with no problems. I would like to shed my dependency on Windows programs; however, this is one that will not migrate to MAC unless there is high demand for it. League Secretary gave me the same response.

#12 User is offline   rdoust 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

I bowl on a league and am a software developer. I use Macs exclusively. I have never performed any of the tasks performed by officers in any league. I am very interested in developing software for the Mac and/or the iPad/iPhone for use by league secretaries, treasurers, anyone who could make use of it. My only problem is, I don't know what the requirements of the software are. Would anyone be willing to feed me requirements for an application in this domain? If so, let me know and I'll give you an email address where you can reach me. Thanks.

Richard

#13 User is offline   lanceh5 

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

I am also looking for bowling league software that runs on a Mac, not emulated by VMWare or Parallels. The software is basically is a data base. CDE software charges an annual fee to use their Windows software not sure if that is worth it?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users