Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse not working on Macbook. Help?!

#1 User is offline   csmail 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

My mouse has stopped working on my Macbook. It acts as if it is always clicked and when I do use the left click, it typically doesn't work. I have even tried using an external USB mouse, but neither of them seemed to fix the problem. They both acted as if they were clicked just like the build in mouse. Can anyone think of what the problem could be?....or how I might fix it myself? Any ideas at all? I'm just curious why this has happened. Thanks for any help.

#2 User is offline   cjohnw 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

Judging by the date, I am hoping this is solved but just in case:

My MacBook purchased in late 2006 has been performing well - until last night. The touch-pad button went "squishy" and I could not click on anything. I plugged an external mouse in (wireless microsoft) and it could only right click. I was able to navigate clumsily w/ right click to find a solution and came to this:

An Origami solution to the Apple MacBook TrackPad ?squishy? Button Problem
http://ibloggedthis....button-problem/

I just used a piece of paper and I had the button back to normal. My external mouse worked as well - I think the button was stuck in the on position.

I don't like putting paper in a hot spot so I am looking at another more permanent solution. Apparently you can bend the contacts but need to see a video before I attempt this...

This highlights my one beef with the macBooks, the cheap plastic housing. This seems to be solved with the new aluminum casing...

Good Luck.

#3 User is offline   dougster 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Hi -John,

We'll see if the OP (original poster) poPs back for the workaround. Pretty clever....come back anytime... B-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users