Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Best Sudoku apps for iPhone and iPod touch - Macworld Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Best Sudoku apps for iPhone and iPod touch

#43 User is offline   Skeeve42 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

I will get my iPod Touch in a few days and so I am looking for a replacment application for the Palm's Sudoku I use: http://www.scss.com....myprogs/sudoku/

Un fortunately he won't port it to iPhon/iTouch :-(

So I'm still in search for a sudoku that allows me to, at least,
1) Enter and store Sudokus I find in newspapers
2) Keep a list of Sudokus I solved
3) Ask for hints in solving a Sudoku

Does anyone of you know of such a Sudoku?

#44 User is online   iamflimflam1 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

It's a shame you're not getting an iPhone - you could use Sudoku Grab with the camera then.

#45 User is offline   Skeeve42 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

I have no use for an iPhone. My boss offered one, but it will cost a wealth of money each month. And it's not worth it. I don't phone that much. As far as I know the iPhone does not offer 32GB of memory, does it? My Touch will. And then I don't often enter Sudokus from newspapers but download them from dailysudoku.

#46 User is online   iamflimflam1 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:14 AM

You're right, the iPhone only has 16GB.

Cheers

Chris.

#47 User is offline   mindthefrog 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

You may also want to check out my new app: SUDOKU Maniac. It has a pretty fancy puzzle generator. Also, you can work on multiple puzzles at once which is handy if you like to take a break from a hard puzzle while you work on some easier ones.

#48 User is offline   UriNachmias 

• Pip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

Another two great iPhone Sudoku Apps for you:
1. Deca Sudoku - Great sudoku with stunning retina display graphics - http://itunes.apple....d316332136?mt=8
2. Jigsaw Sudoku - Sudoku with jigsaw parts, cool and addictive! - http://itunes.apple....d368176631?mt=8

#49 User is offline   decaffed 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:41 AM

I just d/led lots of Sudoku apps, and Sudoku X4 rocks! It's pretty new, I think, because I haven't seen any reviews.

Here's what I liked -- it's a straightforward Sudoku app, no distracting graphic silliness. It has the regular Sudokus, the X variety where diagonals count, irregular ones where the boxes aren't square but are color-coded groups, and irregular X that combine both those ideas. There is a really cool album (think Photo for Sudokus) that lets you save games in mid-stream and solve them later, or redo them from the beginning. Speaking of redo, there is complete Undo and Redo, and it isn't buggy (unlike some other apps). The game engine seems to run in the background, so there are effectively unlimited games. They range from easy to Really Really Hard, which are -- they've eaten two days at the beach! There is an automatic notes feature than can basically solve the easy ones, but makes solving the hard ones a lot less tedious.

I just think it's a great, professionally done app. Here's the link:
Sudoku X4

#50 User is offline   o2fill 

• Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Great review thanks.

Two related apps that are worth a look are Nexus and Numerator. Similar to Sudoku, I created these apps because I was finding expert too easy. Each has a virtually unlimited number of game boards.

I hope you enjoy them!

#51 User is offline   JamesAlcatraz 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Is anyone else bothered by how ugly practically all sudoku apps are? I mean they're atrocious. I only play Pennypop's sudoku, it looks just lovely.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users