Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Trying to post images into Word for Mac... - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying to post images into Word for Mac...

#1 User is offline   MizMacFrog 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

||
I'm
a new Mac user, and bought Mac Office 2008. When I copy text and graphics
from an Internet site/web page, and paste into a Word document, the images do
not paste. I was able to do this on my PC with an older version of
Word, using Paste Special. However, the new version of Word (at least
the Mac version, don't know about the PC version) does not have the
Paste Special option that allows pasting of images. Does anyone know of a way
to do this?
As a new Mac person, I have lots of questions, problems, likes,
dislikes, etc., and am trying to muddle my way through everything. It
gets very frustrating at times, but I am persistent and not one who
gives up. I know there must be a way to do everything I want to do, and
I just need to discover it.
I also got the 30-day trial of iWork, same problem, iPages will also not allow me
to paste graphics into a document. I haven't tried Open Office yet,
will do that next, if I can't find a way to do it in Word.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.
Sandy
||

#2 User is offline   griffman 

• old friend
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

You shouldn't have to paste special, just paste (or even drag-and-drop from your browser).

-rob.

#3 User is offline   Martian 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

If however, you ever do need “Paste Special”, remember that most of the 12,576,483 different, obscure, arcane commands in Office can’t be in the default menus, toolbars and keyboard shortcuts (there are about 12,576,300 too few spaces for them). The Microsoftian convoluted customization process is much the same for the Mac and PC versions of Office, and from your post I assume you are familiar with the PC versions.

#4 User is offline   vickie 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

Do you live anywhere near an Apple Retail store? If so, I'd suggest an appointment at the "genius bar" or paying for the year subscription to "one to one" instruction. They probably won't help you with third party software like Office, but they will help you with Mac issues including Mac software issues.

#5 User is offline   dougster 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

-Hi,

Not sure which mousie you use, but if its a one clicker I'd make sure you actually have the image 'copied'. You can tell when you copy from the website: Control click on the image and select Copy Image. Then in the Finder (just click anywhere on the Desktop) in the top left menu--Edit--> Show Clipboard. At least you'll know if its there to paste. Sounds silly, but its worth a peek.. B-)

#6 User is offline   MizMacFrog 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Hi Rob, thanks. Just pasting doesn't work for me, but the drag and drop works... but only if I drag and drop the graphic, by itself, or the text, by itself. If I select text and graphic together, only the text copies. Weird, I know.

Sandy

#7 User is offline   MizMacFrog 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

Ha, thanks for the laugh. I like your verbiage. Yes, I'm very familiar with the PC versions of most Microsoft products. Bought the iMac trying to get away from Microsoft products, but ended up with hubby buying me the MS Office Suite for the Mac.

Sandy

#8 User is offline   MizMacFrog 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yes, there's a store about 20 minutes from where I live, where I bought the iMac. With my 3-year Apple Care plan, I have free access to the genius bar. I already have a list of questions to ask and problems to solve. When I make the appointment, I guess I'll hit 'em with all of them at once.

Sandy

#9 User is offline   vickie 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

I have found that some geniuses are better than others, but I'm sure they will be able to help you. I don't have the one on one, but know many people who do (both beginners and very advanced users) and they are very happy with it.

#10 User is offline   MizMacFrog 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I have the Mighty Mouse that came with the iMac. Okay, I did as you said, copied the image (used your icon here) using control click, and yes, it was on the clipboard, and yes, I could paste it into the Word document. However, that only works on the image or the text, but not in combination. When selecting image along with text, only the text will paste. The image alone will paste if I don't select any text with it.

So, it sounds like it is not a Word problem, then. I need to find out why I can't copy and paste text and images together.

Wow, four replies to my message on the same day I left it. I'm impressed. Thanks, all.

Sandy

#11 User is offline   NaNiMal 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

I have been having trouble putting graphics images text from Safari into Microsoft
Office 2008. When I copy an images and text from Safari and paste it into Word,
PowerPoint, or Excel, I only get text without images and graphics. I was able to do this on my PC. Please let me know how I can do that in MAC. The only way I found is to copy and paste in mail of Mac or Evenote. But I would like to do in world and entourage.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users