#2 User is offline   megatrick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

Awesome that it's free...

#3 User is offline   alderete 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

I've downloaded and used the application. It's a nice initial effort, but there's a bunch of UI responsiveness and twitchiness issues that need to be resolved before it'll be something that I'll use regularly. My biggest gripe is when you've scrolled down a page, and something on it updates (because a graphic finished downloading, etc.), the page scrolls all the way back up to the top, losing your place. Very irritating. There's also sluggishness that's painful in places, even over WiFi. And the visual design needs work.
But, it's free, and it's a pretty good way to get a look at the action and results for Any Given Sunday, and it's definitely an application I'll keep, and look forward to updates on.

#4 User is offline   susheel_daswani_plusmo 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

alderete,

My name is Susheel Daswani, and I'm Director of Product Experience at Plusmo. Thanks very much for your comments. As you may be aware, the Pro Football Live App (iTunes link: http://plusmo.com/profootoball ) is still in beta, so I wanted to let you know what we aware of the issues you've mentioned and are working hard on fixes.

I also wanted to thank Jim for posting his comments on the App. We'll be sure to let the Macworld readers know the minute our next release is available.

Thanks again!

Susheel

#5 User is offline   TonyStark 

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:59 PM

Plusmo on the iPhone has several problems:
1) The game updates (via WiFi) always hang for several minutes when my team (the Packers) scores in the real game. Suddenly, nothing changes for a long time and I don't find out about the score for more than 10 minutes later.
2) Plusmo refreshes every few seconds. When reading a long news article, the refresh put the screen back to the first page of the article. Having constantly scroll back to where I was in the article every few seconds is REALLY ANNOYING and makes it nearly IMPOSSIBLE TO READ LONG NEWS ARTICLES.
3) After the Packers/Lions game was played on 9/14, the stats were listed under the wrong team. Clicking on the GB tab gave me Detroit stats. Clicking on the Detroit tab, presented the GB stats.
4) On gameday, it takes excessively long to get info from the sever (at least via a high-speed WiFi connection), so moving from page to page in the application is agonizingly slow. It takes MINUTES for the page data to load.
5) And finally, I tried to report the above on the Plusmo support site. Every time I entered the word on the CAPTCHA, it would kick me back to the same form with a new picture. I think tried the link to the User Forums and got the "Page Not Found" error. So I couldn't even report the problems!
The other pro football iPhone app that I tried was even worse. Whys is it so difficult to do a decent iPhone football app?

#6 User is offline   susheel_daswani_plusmo 

• Pip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

TonyStark,
My name is Susheel Daswani, and I'm Director of Product Experience at Plusmo. Thanks very much for your comments.
I wanted to let you and the other Macworld readers know that the update to Pro Football Live has been approved by the Apple Store. It contains many bug fixes and improvements that we implemented with the feedback we received from users like you. Please visit the iTunes Store to update the App (http://plusmo.com/profootball) .
Thanks!
Susheel

#7 User is offline   alderete 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

susheel[u]daswani[/u]plusmo said:

I wanted to let you and the other Macworld readers know that the update to Pro Football Live has been approved by the Apple Store. It contains many bug fixes and improvements that we implemented with the feedback we received from users like you. Please visit the iTunes Store to update the App (http://plusmo.com/profootball) .

I can confirm that the new version fixes all of the most annoying issues I noticed in the first version. There's still some room for user interface polish, but it's all minor, and for a pro football fan, this is a great and free app to have on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

#8 User is offline   TonyStark 

• Pip

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

Mr. Daswani:

The app is definitely improved, but still needs some serious work. My comments follow.

1) Why do we have to have this discussion in the MacWorld forums? There should be a more direct route to report issues regarding Plusmo.

2) The addition of the preseason schedule is just annoying. I don't want to see the preseason schedule nor have to scroll down to get to the current schedule.

3) In regards to the Packers, the application thinks it is still the preseason and reports the next game to be against the Bengals on August 11th. What the...? It said so last week and it still claims that today (Sunday evening).

4) What happened to the game stats? I can't seem to find them anymore.

5) With regard to the above, I thought the previous interface was laid out better and was easier to navigate. It is much harder to find the info that I am looking for in the new interface.

6) When a select a score from the "My Teams" page, it takes me to the schedule. I don't want to see the schedule, I want to see more information about the game that I just selected.

7) On the News page for the New York Jet, the first article is "Mangini likely to sit Favre vs Eagles", which of course is news for the last preseason game. I repeat: "What the ...?

There are other, smaller annoyances, but I am tired of typing. Like I said previously, the other football apps are worse, so I still have hope that you can get this all fixed. I also hope it won't take the entire season to do so.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users