Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WinXp not seeing certain devices?

#1 User is offline   tonester 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:06 AM

I have created a Windows XP Pro install (boot camp) on my iMac. Also have VMWare 2.0. On the Windows boot, certain devices aren't being recognized, in particular the FireWire ports and my 2 external HD's. It seems to locate and install the internal sound card drivers, and the mouse does what it is supposed to.

How do I go about resolving this issue?

Thanks..........

#2 User is offline   zarmanto 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

Does the problem exhibit in the same fashion while booted directly into Windows (via BootCamp) as it does while running Windows within VMWare? Also, did you install Apple's hardware drivers for Windows from your Leopard DVD? (You would do this by inserting the DVD while running Windows, and then running the setup program found on that DVD.)

#3 User is offline   tonester 

• PipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

Yes, and Yes! I did a little googling and found that there is an issue with Win XP and Boot Camp, where the FireWire drivers are not recognized. These are the only ones I really need, because I was trying to run Cakewalk's Sonar 7 on my Win Boot. My audio interface is the MOTU 828 Mk3, which is FireWire. I believe somewhere on MS's website there is a hotfix, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for your help

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users