Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MacBook Pro charger not working???

#1 User is offline   mg_deruelle 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hi, so today out of the blue my charger stopped working, when you know its working the green light turns on, but that light doesnt turn on anymore, my computer is now dead and I cannot turn it back on because it cannot be charged, Ive never dropped my laptop or the charger. I dont know if anyone can help or maybe this has happened to someone else, and you could tell me what you did?

Thanks,

Michelle

#2 User is offline   DMurray431 

• PipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

More than likely the charger itself is kaput. If you have a friend with a :good one" plug it in theirs to see if it works. If it works with the other charge chord buy a new one, or if it is under warranty get one from apple. I presume that you checked your wall outlet to make sure it was working...... and not a blown fuse or circuit breaker.

#3 User is offline   mg_deruelle 

• Pip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

Thats weird cause i just bought this laptop like only 5 months ago, yeah i made sure it wasnt the outlet, i tried it in a couple different ones. I definitly have a warranty, so im gonna go to a mac store and have them check it out I guess, thanks!

#4 User is offline   recycledairplane 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

I'm having the same problem. I was using my girlfriend's charger tonight, since I don't have mine, and it started being iffy like this. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it'll work for about five minutes, then stop. We tried her roommate's charger and it did the same. I don't understand. My macbook is about four and a half months old, so is hers, (her laptop is having the same problem now) and my battery is at 102 cycles.

#5 User is online   itommac 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

h3. It is the wire, not the "charger". The connection looks okay except but if you examine it closely you can see some of the wire.
h3. It is great magnetic connection but the wiring from the cord to the plug becomes exposed and it will no longer light up and supply power.
h3. Happy Computing.

#6 User is offline   alrik94 

• Pip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

I fixed this problem by putting electrical tape over the damaged part of the cable.

It works great now!

#7 User is online   itommac 

• PipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

h3. I took mine back to the Apple Store and showed them that the wire was visible and told them that it no longer worked.
h3. They gave me a new one.

#8 User is offline   TomBliss 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

My plug has been misbehaving for a few months now.

Sometimes the green light does not show at all. No wire is exposed, and the the light does not go out (when lit) if I wiggle the plug.

Sometimes it eventually comes on when I blow on the plug, or clean it with alcohol - other times it won't come on even after minutes of fiddling and reversing.

And sometimes it flashes between green and orange.

I had to replace the mother board recently (overheating was causing 'sudden death' shutdown) but it didn't fix the charger issue.

The problem is intermittent, so successfully using someone else's adapter is not conclusive.

Do I replace the cable, the adapter, the socket, the battery or the whole computer!?

Thanks

Tom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users