Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iMac - programs (not responding)

#1 User is online   kbivin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

Recurring problem since day one on my 24" iMac. When problem occurs, error reports to Apple cannot be sent. Hours with Apple care do not fix. Two trips to Apple Store were fruitless. Apple will not respond - it is Apple Care or Apple Store or nothing. PROBLEM: Any running program can stop performing and Force Quit will not force quit. Shutdown will not shutdown. Powering down with the Power button is the only way to shut down and then reboot to temporarily resolve problem. Occurs during Mail, Text Edit, iPhoto, Safari, Adobe CS2-InDesign,Photoshop, Quicken 2007, and on & on. Have followed all recommendations to no avail, Reformated Hard Drive, eliminate all programs to bare original system. When error occurs, problem reports to Apple will hang up and not be sent. The problem details run for 3 to 4 pages but no technician ever sees them. The report cannot be sent and Apple does not give an email address to send it. I cannot believe mine is the only lemon out there. I have been an Apple advocate through every model since the MacPlus & Laserwriter and this is my first impossible problem. Can anyone help solve this?

#2 User is offline   Tom_Diola 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

Sounds like a fairly new machine ?
Are you using the latest OS (Leopard)?

Have you repaired permissions?

Have you gone in the utilities drive utility and checked out the Hard Drive that way?

#3 User is online   kbivin 

• Pip

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

Not a new machine. Purchased 5/17/07. Using latest Leopard 10.5.5. Permissions were repaired many times.
Use the drive utility to check out hard drives routinely - never found a drive problem.
All of the problems in my original question persist but thanks for answering. Apple does not.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users