Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Grocery list applications for the iPhone - Macworld Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Grocery list applications for the iPhone

#29 User is offline   MLove 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

Thanks sheilanolan. I went to the SplashData site and found the SplashShopper user guide (iPhone). I'll read that and maybe download the trial (Palm OS) version to my smartphone to try it out.

#30 User is offline   MrsDelaney 

• Pip

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

I know I'm probably asking a lot here, but I am looking for an app that you can input your pantry items and do a grocery list.  That way when I'm at the store, I'll know what I have at home already and what I need, and when I use up an item I'll take it off and possibly the app will put it on my shopping list.  

I looked into the app "Pantry" which looks like it might work, but I'm not sure. Also I have a PC, and not a Mac unfortunately... I know this is Macworld :)

TIA for any help or insight.

Charlene

#31 User is offline   oogiem 

• Pip

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

Might want to do an update of this article.

SplashShopper, while feature rich is so horribly slow that it's almost unusable on the iPhone/iPod Touch if you have a list with more than a couple hundred items.

I'd love an update that includes whether the application has a desktop version that can sync with the handheld one.

#32 User is offline   Jason 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

My wife and I have been using Grocery Gadget on both our iPhones for a year now and love it. Two features we use that aren't mentioned in the review are syncing and scanning. I scan barcodes of items when I'm out to add them to my list. Very easy. We also set up an account within grocery gadget and sync both our apps to it. Now either of us can add items to the list and if both of us are at the store and shopping separately the other will know when items are picked as they are checked. Very handy.
To comment on some other reviews, I have separate shopping lists for different stores and/or different types. I haven't found the app to have slowed down but I use an iPhone 3GS which is slow in general, my wife has no complaints on her 4. Our only complaint is the app isn't available on iPad.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users