#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

Post your comments for Keyboards and mice at hand here

#2 User is offline   kirkmc 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

You left out one very good wireless keyboard: Logitech's Wave. It's a semi-ergonomic shape, and I find it one of the best keyboards I've used yet. I used to use Microsoft ergo keyboards, but the Wave has shorter key travel, which makes it great for touch-typing. There are a few "special" keys for multimedia and certain applications, but I only use the volume control keys, so I can't say how well the others work. But the software lets you assign a number of actions to those keys, so they can be used to launch your favorite app.
It also comes with a very comfortable mouse - it doesn't have a model number, so I can't say exactly which one. It's much more comfortable than the wireless Mighty Mouse, which I had before, whose scroll ball sucks (it gets stuck all the time), and has extra side buttons that are practical.

#3 User is offline   edojapan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:36 AM

Another keyboard worthy of comment (as it has a trackpad) is Adesso's SlimTouch Wireless 2.4 GHz RF Mini Touchpad Keyboard for Mac (WKB-4000MAC). For those of you color coordinating, it's white.

If you prefer the newer stainless mac look, I've heard the black and silver version for Windows (WKB-4000US) works just fine.

They also have a bluetooth model in black for Windows (WKB-4000BT-FD) in the works.
Another neat one (if it works for Mac), again in black/silver will be their WKB-4300. It also has a built-in numeric pad.

#4 User is offline   walfy 

• PipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

I had a Logitech that died on me last year and I loved the two buttons placed between the L and R clickers that let me page forward and backwards easily. When I had to replace it recently, any mouse that had these buttons used for paging ahead and back in, say, a multi-page PDF file, had them place on the SIDES of the mouse. This truly sucks because when you need to press one of these buttons, you need a counter-force directly on the other side, which happens to be where the other button is. So you click one, and end of clicking the other as well. So I now have to readjust in a radical way how my hand rests on the mouse just so I can use these two buttons to quickly page up and down a multi-paged document. The old mouse had the two buttons side by side on top of the mouse and posed no such problem. Do the mouse designers even put their mice to use? Done venting now, but very excellent roundup above.

#5 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

kirkmc said:

You left out one very good wireless keyboard: Logitech's Wave.

We had the Wave Desktop set on our original list, but Logitech told us it was being phased out in favor of the Cordless Desktop Wave Pro, a combo that isn't Mac-compatible.

#6 User is offline   Albertr 

• PipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:03 AM

“The Keyboard connection”
Which one is the keyboard in the middle? From the caption I am not able to decide. Apple long ago made a wonderful keyboard without the numeric keypad. I rarely use this part of the keyboard. Precious real estate on the desk was preserved. It was a very high quality keyboard. I miss it so much that to this day deleting I invariably still click the ‘’ key. I would buy it If it is of good quality in addition to not having the numerical key pad.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users