• Group: MW Bot

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Post your comments for Expo Keynote Roundtable here

#2 User is offline   apolet 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

Hi there!
A small note to Rob (I think it was Rob). You can already disable audio skimming in iMovie 08 preferences to avoid cacophony :-)

#3 User is offline   griffman 

• old friend
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

apolet: Thanks; I'll have to check that out in the new version and see if I can get used to the drag-to-select bit. I think my brain's just had too many years of timeline view and setting in and out points to easily adjust to the drag-to-select method. But I do like some of the advanced features, so I'm planning on giving iMovie '09 a fair trial.
-rob.

#4 User is offline   macdofan 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Key note sparkles or not, I think that the 17 MacBookPro, however beautiful and efficient it will be, is too expensive. Apple is not going to conquer market parts with expensive machines. iMacs, minis and affordable portables will do it-and iphone/pod as well for sure. See what PCs are offering at under $1000:that is the competition. And stop bragging about Vista shortcomings. My son has a $900 dell inspiron +vista: never crashed, very very fast and connects easily in any wifi place when my dear PowerBook sometimes cannot. NB: I AM a mac fan, have been for 29 years, so please no idle banging on macdofan.

#5 User is offline   MacXL 

• PipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

To MacDoFan: The MacBook Pro 17 is not too expensive! It is a product like Rolex, BMW Z8, or a 72inch HDTV! It is for George Lucas, Travis Barker and Steve Jobs! You need this kind of products: actually my concern is that the top Mac Pro desktop has not been updated for months!

#6 User is offline   macdofan 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

To MacXL, I agree that the desktop should be revamped and improved both soft and hard, but I still think the 17 inch MacBook Pro is expensive for the above average amateur. Profs need such wonderful machines, I don't deny it, but Apple will not make big money on it. The bread earners are tools that can be sold to millions of people. And what about the iMac which I am dying to get? Sob...

#7 User is offline   Imagine_Engine 

• PipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

I actually enjoyed the keynote and some of the new stuff such as the MBP 17″ model and the iPhoto face recognition feature, the improvements to iMovie for casual editors that can’t afford FCP and hearing I can finally download music from the iTunes Store on my iPhone 3G over the cellular network, not just WIFI. What I was hoping to hear was that the MBP would have the new Intel Core 2 Quad mobile CPU, not the Intel Core 2 Duo though I like the increase in RAM as well speed. Also I was hoping to hear that Time Capsule would have an update to actually work with all-in-one (print/scan) over a WLAN and would include a web GUI to make remote logging in to the Time Capsule easier while on the road with my MBP. It would of also been nice to hear if the iPhone 3G was going to get some updated features to compete with competitors such as video recording, voice command, voice turn by turn GPS navigation, ability to add multiple attachments to an email, etc. I was also surprised Apple isn’t planning on offering current iLife 08 and iWork 08 customers an upgrade option instead of making us pay the full price for what is really an update to our existing products. I did feel Phil really performed well taking the helm of what has been a Steve Jobs main event demonstrating what Apple has done and is planning to do in the near future (ie: offering better pricing on music and increasing DRM free music).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users