• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

Post your comments for Review: Wine apps for the iPhone here

#2 User is offline   evenv 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for an interesting and thorough overview. I just wanted to mention that I've made a wine organizer for OSX. It's available for download from http://eventless.net, and it's completely free.
Might be interesting for those who'd rather use their macs for keeping track of their wines.

#3 User is online   pbrosen 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

Ben, thank you for the detailed evaluation and great review. We (Drync) are very excited about the app and doing everything we can to make it useful.
To comment on your two "quibbles":
- Creating a new Cellar entry from your Cellar - it's in the next release
- Primitive Search - our Search is going to change in a big way in the next few days. Stay tuned
Again, many thanks for the writeup.

#4 User is offline   sujovian 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

am I the only person who came to this article expecting to read about a port of the WINE project for jailbroken iphones?

#5 User is offline   HelloVino 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

Very nice roundup of wine iPhone apps. Allow me to add one more to the list:
www.HelloVino.com was featured as a "Staff Pick" on Apple.com for the week of Feb 23. The iPhone/iPod web app will provide food and wine pairing suggestions, as well as ideas for wine gifts.
Thanks!

#6 User is offline   duvel 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

The article seems to indicate that Drync Wine offers ratings of wines, but does not address the CAPITAL question: who rates the wines?
I have followed wine ratings by magazines for many years. For example, I find those by Wine Enthusiast to be unreliable and in general inflated. IMHO (but shared by many), the most accurate ratings are from Wine Spectator, followed by Wine Advocate and one or two others.

#7 User is offline   daiya 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for this very useful comparative review. I wish more journalists did this kind of thorough look at an app arena.

#8 User is offline   MattjDrake 

• Pip

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:17 AM

Great reviews! All of these wine apps are great (of course I like the one I worked). I like to see this treatment of iPhone apps around a certain topic, especially since the number of apps in the store keeps growing. It is getting hard to keep track of the new ones coming out that I want to try.

#9 User is offline   spotaha 

• Pip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

Don't forget about Corkz Wine Info (http://cor.kz)... It's a mobile front-end to CellarTracker and it's 700,000 unique wines and close to 1 million community generated ratings and reviews.
You can search the world of wines, see your CellarTracker inventory in Corkz and even add or drink (remove) bottles from your inventory in real time. There's also a "pedia" of varietals and terms, integration with Twitter and much, much more coming....
Corkz (http://cor.kz) integration with CellarTracker means your data will always be in sync, whether on a handheld device or the CellarTracker website.

#10 User is offline   Way2Poppy 

• Pip

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

Can't believe you missed Wine Journal. This app is great keeping track of your wines. It has separate lists for your cellar and wines you're considering to add to your cellar. The interface is simple and straightforward and lets you do your own ratings, tasting notes, photos, etc. I've tried most of the apps and this one meets my needs the most.

http://www.shinesbri...ne_Journal.html

#11 User is offline   a2do 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

Nice review. Any idea when you'll update review all the great new additions to the app store? WinesToDo was recently released and is a great app for the casual wine drinker to rate, log and share their wine experiences with friends. You can email a wine record to another user and they can import it right into their copy of WinesToDo. You can also post your latest wine story directly to facebook.

#12 User is offline   tomarc 

• Pip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

I like WineScanner:

http://itunes.apple....d394878711?mt=8

Good database and nice functions like sharing with your friends, exporting and scanning.

/Thomas

#13 User is offline   galcohen 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

I try this app and I can to say this is very good app, but this app is only wine list app for restaurants or bars. Today we have lot of company develop full menu app for restaurant. The full menu app have a advantage on the wine list app because the full menu include wine list, desert menu,drinks list and.... You can to take for example the app of "eMenu International" the app called "eMenu pro for restaurant" and they have version for android and for Ipad. They have many fetchers like ordering, social menu, survey... for more info you need to visit at their website:

http://www.emenu-international.com/

#14 User is offline   umeshk 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for this thread. I was just looking for a good sites.
Please take a look at us, we have thousands of hits and page views. "There's no reason to call it a boring night with this app".
Goinout is a Social Nightlife Network that allows you to find the best parties, events and deals and at the same time you get rewarded for using the app. All in one place. Easy. Powerful. Affordable.
Open iTunes to download this free app.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users