• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Post your comments for The headphone shuffle here

#2 User is offline   Mattshoots 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I wouldn't trust the new shuffle, because of my experience with the new in-ear headphones. The controls work when they feel like it, and the volume control NEVER works on my 4th Gen Nano. At first I thought it was the nano's fault, but I don't think so.
And I forgot to mention random (yes, Nano locked, button not touched on the headphones themselves, pausing of my music) I'm going to take them back for an exchange, hopefully they don't give me a hard time.

#3 User is offline   oldjohn 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

Looks like Scosche will be making an "inline Controller Adapter Kit" that will go between the new shuffle and my choice of heads/speakers/etc.
Hope the cost will be under $20. That would keep the expense under $100.

#4 User is offline   arelny 

• PipPip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

The simplest solution is for Apple to provide different sized silicone ear adapters like Jabra does with its wired cell phone headphones. Fine the ones that fit, snap them on the Apple headphones, and instant ear buds that fit.

#5 User is offline   NickHalda 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

How about adding one button to the top of the shuffle? The goofy headphone jack on the first version of the iPhone should have given Apple enough feedback about non-standard headphone jacks. Or how about a cord with a button that you can plug your headphones into? It's definitely cool-looking, though.

#6 User is offline   arelny 

• PipPip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Apple is not going to retool and redesign the shuffle after just releasing it. Manufacturing calls for forecasts of materials needed, components, etc. and I'm sure that they have already committed to the manufacture of vast quantities of this item already. The most viable fixes are the low tech ones, and that means addressing the headphone issue.

#7 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

arelny said:

The simplest solution is for Apple to provide different sized silicone ear adapters like Jabra does with its wired cell phone headphones. Fine the ones that fit, snap them on the Apple headphones, and instant ear buds that fit.

Apple does this very thing for its In-Ear headphones. But they still won't fit everyone, and this is only a fix for people who like the sound of Apple's headphones.

#8 User is offline   mrbach 

• PipPip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

First thing I do is throw the cheap Apple buds for some $20 one's that sound so much better. Imagine, $20 buds that sound better? They are in the same drawer as those lame one click laser mice they used to bundle with the Macs.
So now we have to use bad earphones in order to have controls? Apple is so weird.
Did you read those instructions? Twice and hold, and three times for this.... they are kidding right? I spent 10 minutes trying to right click on the new trackpad on the powerbook and just plugged in a mouse so I could get work done.

#9 User is offline   Macalways 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

It is in the ear of the beholder.
Apple ear phones aren't bad.
Sure they don't fit or suit everybody, however, the majority of iPod'rs use them and to them they are fine.
I bought my son a pair of Bose noise cancellations and his reaction: he used them once. Asked why, "Too expensive to take out in the public. I have a half dozen iPods around the house. Can't find them or the headsets that goes with them half the time."
However, the new Shuffle looks good to him. How about the earbuds. Lose them and no control? Same problem with older iPods, except if you can't find your earphones you can't hear anything.
One thing he mentioned was that if all the future iPods and iPhones come this way and he is sure they will, he'll have a virtual stash of replacements. In addition, when the in-line controllers become available, all his older headphones will become new again. "That's progress dad!"
What he loves best with the new Shuffle, is that he won't have to take it out of his pocket. Having to transfer it back and forth between his jacket and his pant pockets, take it out to turn it on or off, to switch playlists or to adjust the volume is a pain.
As for earbuds, they are all the same. Sure some have better 'sound' but you are not talking about an audiophile music player. They all have varying levels of comfortability and issues of staying in.
For sure there is no consensus which earphone or headphone is the best for you. It is just like buying a golf glove or a mouse. Or a belt for your pants for that matter.
In any event, we (my son and I) are on our way to the Apple store. Not often we are in agreement. So now I can thank Apple for bringing us both together, again.

#10 User is offline   mnolan_19 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

I would have no problem with using the in-line controller, my experiences with the iPhone headphones were nothing but positive. I finally replaced them with a pair of wireless headphones but often regret this decision when I have to dig around in my pocket to find my iPhone to change songs.

#11 User is offline   nelliedawg82 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

I love Apple But their ear phones Blow!! I think it is just crap that they are making a product that you have to use their proprietary junk to use it. Really Kinda makes me rethink what kind of a company is.

#12 User is offline   SachitrasenNaik 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

can any one suggest that what is price of apple ipod shuffle earphone ??????

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users