• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Post your comments for What iPhone 3.0 means for mobile games here

#2 User is offline   ZeroGravX 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

I don't know about the in app purchases. That just seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind add on purchases for games when it actually works, such as a downloadable expansion or the like. But from the games we saw in the press event it sounds like it's already going in a bad direction. For example, buying a weapon for that FPS game, just one weapon for (I imagine) 99 cents. Or a shirt for a virtual puppy... really?

#3 User is offline   reallycrazy 

• PipPip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

"as long as they’re not fleecing the customer"
I guess this guy was referring to how EA demonstrated 'buying' a stereo within one of it's Sim games (which only gives you access to your own music). And given the minimum price of $.99, it's quite the gouging.
Consumers will really need to be careful, as suddenly parts of apps can move behind a pay-wall with just a simple 'free' upgrade.

#4 User is offline   hoju 

• PipPip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

The market will sort out how far developers and publishers can go in gouging their customers. I do think that many of the smaller developers will try this avenue to bolster their lacking business model.
Personally, I'm excited by the idea of hardware add-ons for mobile gameplay. Let's be honest: The soft buttons just don't cut it for many of the games out there. Yes, it's perfect for Quordy, but not so great for Hero of Sparta, where your digits obscure so much of what's going on onscreen.

#5 User is offline   MrLarrity 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:03 AM

In game purchases don't turn me on in the least bit, I barely buy new maps for my XBOX 360, but the P2P is certianly something that I will want to take advantage of when I grab the next gen iPhone.

Can't wait!

#6 User is offline   ericole 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

Totally agree:
Or a shirt for a virtual puppy... really?

I thought, if someone were to do that they'd deserve to lose their house. That's the most asinine thing I've seen in a long time. Buying virtual items, for virtual people/pets(weapons or clothes) with real money is just craziness.

Get in the real world people.

#7 User is offline   GenY 

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

No you all get real!
Welcome to the New Tech World. You all need to realize this is the future. You buy digital music, movies, apps and games right,same thing in buying virtual weapons and cloths.
Just like you old school people use to or still buy clothing for your Polly Pockets, Barbies & weapons for your GI Joes.
This I think is the next real cool thing for the young generation.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users