Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Bugs & Fixes: Locate missing sound files in GarageBand - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Fixes: Locate missing sound files in GarageBand

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

Post your comments for Bugs & Fixes: Locate missing sound files in GarageBand here

#2 User is online   adegg 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am experiencing this Missing Files scenario on my iMac and it is doing my head in. It started halfway into a project and i have 'lost' file after file. Not being able locate them anywhere I have had to re-record sections of tracks. No sooner than I re-record a track than another one goes missing. Add to this that tracks have somehow managed to re-jig themselves so everything is out of whack. I dread opening the Garageband project because I just know it'll be all screwed up. Again. The whole thing has become such a frustrating and laborious effort. I tried to follow Mr Landau's advice re: 'navigate to /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play' and 'go to Application Support/GarageBand/Working Copies' but I cannot do so as in both those files 'Learn to Play' and 'Working Copies' do not exist. Or I cannot find them. I just get Instrument Library which takes me to Plug in and Track Settings only. Dead End. Any tips would be appreciated as the way this is going, 7 months of hard graft is turning into 7 months of Missing Files. Cheers

#3 User is online   adegg 

• Pip

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

still missing. just like the advice i need..

This post has been edited by adegg: 29 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

#4 User is offline   camerdoo 

• Pip

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

I am having the exact same problem as adegg. I have been working on several songs for about 5 months, and upon completion of several of them I attempted to create an iTunes version. Garageband immediately quit, and it now cannot find a file that is staring me right in the face in my Music folder.

I tried following Mr. Landau's advice as well, however, seeing as the files "Learn to Play" and "Working Copies" are nonexistent, I did not get very far.

ANY advice you can give would be a lifesaver, as these mixes were very crucial and I can NOT afford to lose them, nor spend any more time recreating them. Thank you.

#5 User is offline   caraboo21 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

still missing. just like the advice i need..

this happened to me also. There is no fix to this problem. Don't record with it anymore. Your best bet is saving what you have on an external hard drive and opening them in a new garageband program. I actually bought a new mac and garageband on that has tons of bugs. Very disappointed. Good luck with your future projects

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users