Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Got a new iMac arriving tomorrow... what are some good games to take advantage of it's capabilities? - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Got a new iMac arriving tomorrow... what are some good games to take advantage of it's capabilities?

#1 User is offline   cal_gecko 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Finally broke down and ordered an iMac (2.93Ghz) with the NVidia GeForce GT120 graphics card, and 4gb of ram.. I can't WAIT for it to arrive...

In the past (on my PC), I've really enjoyed playing Battlefield 2 online.. what are some good games that can be played online that would really take advantage of my new iMac's GLORIOUS 24" screen and processor/graphics?

Thanks!!

#2 User is offline   Mike_Atamian1 

• PipPip

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

I'd install a BootCamp partition and continue using those PC games- that's what I do!

#3 User is offline   gurlgamer 

• Pip

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:02 AM

View Postcal_gecko, on 03 June 2009 - 03:57 PM, said:

Finally broke down and ordered an iMac (2.93Ghz) with the NVidia GeForce GT120 graphics card, and 4gb of ram.. I can't WAIT for it to arrive...

In the past (on my PC), I've really enjoyed playing Battlefield 2 online.. what are some good games that can be played online that would really take advantage of my new iMac's GLORIOUS 24" screen and processor/graphics?

Thanks!!

Hi you might want to take a look at this games:

Biofilm and Mountain Tanks

#4 User is offline   almas78 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Thanks!!

Good for you, congrats in your new iMac, lots of iMac game available it's up to you which game genre do you prefer.
self esteem courses

#5 User is offline   Trentolol 

• PipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

World of Warcraft comes to mind for me, although i don't know if you want to cough up the money to pay.
Starcraft ll maybe?
Do you prefer strategy of FPS?
-Trentolol

#6 User is offline   avatar139 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Interesting question, here are some of my recommendations:

Age of Empires III and Starcraft 2 are both pretty awesome for RTS choices although I think Starcraft 2 is the easy pick if you have to choose, as it's sheer variety and innovation in level design make it well worth the money!

I'd grab Steam and get the Orange Box as even if you don't care as much for 1st person Shooters Half-Life 2 is easily one of, if not the best FPS games I've ever played to due it's innovative physics reliant weaponry and puzzles and Bioshock while not as innovative in gameplay, is certainly one of the most unique environments you'll see!

Splinter Cell Conviction and Assassin's Creed II are some other great pure action game choices, although Assassin's Creed II has some mild RPG elements and I think is the best choice to push your system's limits as its setting of Italy in midst of the Renaissance is certainly a beautiful, albeit graphically demanding, sight! Posted Image

While there are certainly several older RPGs that I would recommend grabbing if you can find them, namely Fallout and Fallout 2 (as the original Fallout ported by the original Macplay team was the first RPG I ever played and seriously got into, in fact I still consider it to be easily the best computer game of all time Posted Image), but Star Wars: KOTR is what the Star Wars prequels should have been so I'd definitely recommend grabbing that from Mac App Store if you can!

If you're looking for something more sedate in pace, I'd recommend checking out Civilization 5 as I've heard it's pretty good but I haven't played it personally. I've played Civilization IV and the various expansions for it and I think they're still well worth picking up as they're the closest the series has ever gotten to the original addictiveness level of Civilization II!

Adventure games may not push your system's envelope as much as some of the others I've mentioned here, but any of Tell Tale Games' portfolio (but particularly the Sam and Max series) are hysterically funny and surprisingly intelligent satire, so I'd strongly recommend taking a look for those on Steam as well!

Bottom line is it's really up to you as to what kind of gaming experience is to your taste, but I hope this gives you some recommendations for some games you might not have checked out otherwise!
The most important thing you should know about me is that I’m honest enough to admit that I lie to myself!

#7 User is offline   Bamboozie 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

You may try Rift (MMO) or Crysis 2. I've already seen both at a friend's Mac and they just look awesome!

#8 User is offline   kennychelsea 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

With an iMac, I have searched in the net for all the popular online games in this entire world. Then I play them one by one and will choose which one is best to play with.
Want to have an outstanding hair? Afro Hair Care, Clip Hair Extensions or Clip in Ponytails

#9 User is offline   dcarmack 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

Very old thread, but here are some really good new ones to use with the newer hardware:

Any Big Fish game, they are hidden object games.

And Yet It Moves.

Braid

OnLive

Look thru the App Store games these days, some really good stuff in there.

#10 User is offline   aonali21 

• PipPip

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Thanks!!

Some good games for imac given below......!
Torchlight
World of Goo
Machinarium
Bioshock

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users