Resetting Visual Voicemail
Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:29 PM
Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:38 PM
All you need to do is a hard reboot of the iPhone.
Hold the Home button + Power button until the white apple comes on the screen, then release the buttons.
Just to make sure people get this, I'll explain.
1. Hold both buttons
2. The "slide to power off" and the "cancel" button will come up... do NOT let go of the buttons. (roughly 10 seconds till you see this step)
3. The screen goes black for about 2-5 seconds, once again, do NOT let go of the buttons
4. white apple appears, let go of the buttons and wait for the iPhone to reboot (takes a couple minutes to finish the reboot.)
This is how I got my visual voice mail to start working again.
Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:54 AM
a dialog box eventually pops up, asking you to enter your voicemail password. once it accepts the password, the next time you go to voicemail it should be back to visual voicemail again.
I think the phone basically "forgets" all your passwords when you switch to a new one, even after doing a backup & restore. I had to re-enter all wifi network passwords, voicemail, email, even some app passwords... kinda strange. maybe that's a security feature(??)
Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:50 AM
C'mon AT&T... I WANT TO TETHER!
Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:16 PM
Message was edited by: djm61 corrected URL
Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:08 PM
I went to the ATT site and reset password.
It told me that my password had been changed to the last seven digits of my phone number.
1st try: tapped in last seven digits and nothing. No prompt nothing.
2nd try: got the prompt again and this time typed in the password I normally use.
Repeat 1 and 2 until so frustrated post this... can someone please give steps by step instructions for US.
1. You reset your password on the ATT site.
2. it send you a text message.
3. You ----- with the last seven digits of your phone number.
4. Reset to password you want to use....
Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:21 PM
the advice of djm61 worked for me. After using the Thethering trick, Visual Voicemail was "unavailable". Resetting the password and hard restarting the iPhone didn't help. I was hesitant to just start typing into fields that I knew nothing about, but so far, so good.