• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Post your comments for Cooliris even cooler here

#2 User is offline   vinod1978 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

It would be even better if they just did it within flash. Everyone already has a flash plugin - 'cause you can't live without it. Browser plugins can make rendering times longer & can lead to crashes. I can't wait until we can browse without any plugins whatsoever and everything is supported in the new HTML standard.

#3 User is offline   cnate 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

Your comment is ironic, because flash is a plugin known to slow down people's computers (especially macs) to ridiculously slow and annoying speeds.

And if I had to place a bet, I believe CoolIris could code their plugin to take advantage of graphics acceleration before Adobe gets off their butt to make flash video as pleasant an experience as regular H.264 video in quicktime or any other container/viewer.

#4 User is offline   igamogam 

• PipPip

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Eh? Along with many others I don't have Adobe® Flash® installed on my machines because it is a resource-hogging dog.

I look forward to the day that it fades away (hopefully when HTML 5.0 finally appears). A pretty good indicator of a crap website (i.e. not worth visiting) is how much Adobe® Flash® content it contains, not using the Flash® plugin saves a lot of time looking at useless dross.

This is cool because it DOESN'T use flash- for a change a plugin I don't mind installing.

#5 User is offline   Cesium133x 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

It's not a browser plugin, it's an InputManager hack. Code that is injected into every running application without the developer knowing about it.

#6 User is offline   saillar 

• Pip

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

About 6 weeks ago I loaded up CooiIris on three of my Intel Mac's, work, home and laptop and it caused Safari 3 & 4 to freeze and the windowserver was running at 95% a lot of the time while Cooliris was active. It got so frustrating that the only way to get my Mac's back was to uninstall and the problems disappeared.
I agree that Cooliris is cool but I think they need to spend more time under the hood to fine tune it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users