• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canon Pixma mp600 yellow not printin

#1 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:50 AM

Hi,
I refill the ink cartridges, but the yellow does not print. I have done some deep cleanings and regular cleanings and still the yellow does not print on the print pattern.

Is there way to clean the head manually or to just clean the yellow? I considered taking out the other cartridges and running the deep cleaning, but am not sure if that would damage anything.

Love the printer and really appreciate being able to refill it.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with ole yeller...
Cheers
Alan

24" iMac, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM

15" MBP 2007 4GB RAM

ipod touch 5th gen.

iphone 3rd gen

Griffen 250 Gb backup HD for Lion Recovery and old Time Machine data

1TB ext. HD for current Time Machine (510.87 Gb) and 2nd partition contains Super Duper @225.62 GB

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

View PostAlan, on 29 March 2010 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hi,
I refill the ink cartridges, but the yellow does not print. I have done some deep cleanings and regular cleanings and still the yellow does not print on the print pattern.

Is there way to clean the head manually or to just clean the yellow? I considered taking out the other cartridges and running the deep cleaning, but am not sure if that would damage anything.

First thing: Did this yellow cartrdige ever print? Is this one that you've used successfully but haven't gotten to work since refilling? I ask because I've seen people simply forget to take the little piece of tape off that restricts airflow and prevents the ink from coming out. Especially easy to forget, I think, if you don't often use new cartridges.

Second: I don't know about that specific model, but one of the things that drew me to Canon when I was looking to replace my previous Epson printer is that the whole carriage assembly was considered a user-serviceable part. You might be able to pop it out and give it a soak in some isopropyl alcohol.

#3 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

View Postbastion, on 29 March 2010 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostAlan, on 29 March 2010 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hi,

First thing: Did this yellow cartrdige ever print? Is this one that you've used successfully but haven't gotten to work since refilling? I ask because I've seen people simply forget to take the little piece of tape off that restricts airflow and prevents the ink from coming out. Especially easy to forget, I think, if you don't often use new cartridges.

Second: I don't know about that specific model, but one of the things that drew me to Canon when I was looking to replace my previous Epson printer is that the whole carriage assembly was considered a user-serviceable part. You might be able to pop it out and give it a soak in some isopropyl alcohol.

Sorry bastion,
I forgot to respond. I took your advice and you are right the carriage comes out easily, I cleaned it in plain water but I suspect alcohol would have been better. Prints much better now. Thanks a million!!!
Cheers
Alan

24" iMac, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM

15" MBP 2007 4GB RAM

ipod touch 5th gen.

iphone 3rd gen

Griffen 250 Gb backup HD for Lion Recovery and old Time Machine data

1TB ext. HD for current Time Machine (510.87 Gb) and 2nd partition contains Super Duper @225.62 GB

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users