iPad Keyboard Dock
Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:32 PM
I know that I will get the keyboard for home and one for the office. I was just thinking that some day, we will be able to visit our local libraries and coffee shops and there they will be. Hmm. Sounds like a business opportunity doesn't it.
Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:20 PM
Any thoughts on the advantage/disadvantages of this v the keyboard + dock combo?
Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:32 PM
Advantages of bluetooth keyboard:
2. Easier to transport (doesn't have that awkward bit that looks like it could snap off in your bag)
3. Ergonomic (can position it anywhere from a foot away to your lap)
4. Can use it as a remote control (e.g. for iTunes while iPad is displaying album art in a dock)
5. Can also use it with your desktop/laptop
1. You'll need a case/stand (you'll probably want one anyway)
2. Depending on 1., it will cost more
3. Batteries will run out
4. Doesn't include all the keyboard shortcuts (or does it?)
5. Doesn't have an audio port
Ps. When I put in this post and pressed submit, then it asks me to log in.. when I do I lose the post I typed!
Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:59 PM
This won't work with the current iPhone, but I'm really hoping for something like this with the next iPhone OS!
Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:25 PM
Is the iPad+Keyboard Dock combo a pointer to future iMacs and maybe even lap-pads? Maybe this is Apple both (a) doing research for touch-screen iMacs; and ( getting us all used to the idea of using keyboard+screen together?
Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:55 PM
Anyone with an iPad, keyboard and dock want to comment?
Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:50 PM
Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:20 PM