• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sorting photos on the iPad?

#15 User is offline   andykeating 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

Sortshots is an ipad application that allows you to sort photos on ipad by name , size , date, type. you can also specify the order either ascending or descending.So i think you should try this. It will help you.

#16 User is offline   halyava 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

If you're on Windows, then try small program I've created. It overwrites image creation date time, but images appear on iPad as they are sorted by filename. Copy images you want to sync into separate folder, before use it.
Posted Image

The program is open source. Try in on http://code.google.c...operty-changer/

#17 User is offline   nata 

• Pip

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

View Posthalyava, on 26 December 2010 - 03:36 PM, said:

If you're on Windows, then try small program I've created. It overwrites image creation date time, but images appear on iPad as they are sorted by filename. Copy images you want to sync into separate folder, before use it.
Posted Image

The program is open source. Try in on http://code.google.c...operty-changer/

Hmmm, i just wanna thank u for creating this program. It really works for my photos.. i downloaded 2 programs to sort my photos to no avail.. how i wish i came across this website first before downloading all the stupid programs which cost money.

#18 User is offline   birdrunner 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Wow, that looks really complicated. I mentioned Sort Shots a long time ago and it allows you to custom sort your photos using a drop and drop motion. There are other options (date, file name, size, etc) but that is the best one.

#19 User is offline   eadent3 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

WARNING: DO NOT BUY AN IPAD OR IPHONE IF YOU WISH FOR YOUR PICTURES TO REMAIN IN ORDER!

Syncing pictures from folders in "My Computer" on P.C.'s to an ipad or iphone causes them to scramble completely out of order. There is no fix for this (photoshop, picassa, and apps do not fix the problem), and Apple's engineers know this. 90% of computer users in the US use Window's PC.

It is more than a little dishonest of Apple not to warn their customers of this defect.

#20 User is offline   aonali21 

• PipPip

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

View PostMacFTW, on 20 April 2010 - 09:21 AM, said:

I imported some photos to my iPad and for some reason it displays them out of order although I named chronologically. Anyone have any idea why it does this? Does it sort by date in the EXIF metadata? Is there a way to sort them the way I want?

1.) First, have it set up to sync in iTunes, obviously, with your files in the proper folder (originals or copies - you'll be modifying some of the picture data, so a copy might be best if this data is important to you on the originals).

2.) In the main iPad photo directory you've made, you should see another directory called "iPod Photo Cache" - delete this
3.) Get into your iPad sync folder and then into the subfolder with the individual files you want to sort. CTRL-A to Select All, right click, select Properties, and then the Details tab.

4.) Click "Remove Properties and Personal Information" at the bottom. A new window should pop up. Click the radio button for "Remove the following properties from this file:" and then check the "Date taken" box. Alternatively, you can hit "Select All" if none of the information is important to you Click "OK" to make that window disappear, then "OK" to close out Properties and accept the changes.

5.) Go back into iTunes, resync, and you should have properly sorted files now. Enjoy, and please let me know if this works for you.....!

#21 User is offline   worker 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostMacFTW, on 20 April 2010 - 09:21 AM, said:

I imported some photos to my iPad and for some reason it displays them out of order although I named chronologically. Anyone have any idea why it does this? Does it sort by date in the EXIF metadata? Is there a way to sort them the way I want?

I use Adobe Elements to organize my photos and create albums that contain pictures in the same order as they are in Elements. When I run itunes I can select the albums I would like to import to my IPAD. The albums are sent to my IPAD but are in a different order than they were in the Elements program (and album).

It is well known that this occurs. My question is who should fix it? Adobe or Apple? I see this same problem going back 2 years and neither company cares enough about their customers to fix the problem.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users