• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:16 AM

Post your comments for Air Display for iPad here

#2 User is offline   canonshooter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

I downloaded Air Display and have been using for a number of weeks now. Agreed, that the display doesn't work very well when you need a high refresh rate. I use it to put my Photoshop palettes on, thus freeing up my main screen for the image. I can set up workspaces in Photoshop, so when I connect my iPad, I just select the iPad workspace and all my palettes are transferred over to the iPad screen!

#3 User is offline   slather 

• PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

@canonshooter -- here's my intended use for this app:

I do a fair bit of studio photography in my business (mostly food) and I think this will be an ideal solution for a live wireless display to check composition of a scene before shooting it. I haven't tried this yet, but here's the idea: fire up the EOS Utility's Live View window and drag it to the iPad screen. Then you can walk around the studio and see the scene live while you're positioning objects etc, all without any wires. Much better than an HDMI cable form your camera to a bulky ikan display or something. I think this will work great, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

#4 User is offline   velocipede 

• PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

I am away from my office for about three weeks. I have been using Air Display occasionally as a second monitor with my laptop.
Indeed it is slow to refresh and the mouse pointer can get lost. However, it still provides a good solution for displaying a reference document and small windows.
If I just need to see a pdf as I work, though, I am going to put that file on my iPad and use Good Reader to view it.
I hope this kind of functionality is included in future iOS/iPad combinations.

#5 User is offline   flowney 

• PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

@ IM4Art, For presentations, I find that Apple's Keynote Remote works well on iPhone and better on iPad. Your presenters' notes will be much more readable on the iPad ,in 2X mode which scales very nicely.
Dr. Frank Lowney Georgia College & State University
Senior Director for External Projects
and Assistant to the Director, Digital Innovation Group @ Georgia College

#6 User is offline   flowney 

• PipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

Actually, I'd like this to work in reverse. Being able to see and control the iPad on my desktop without having to jailbreak the device. This is essential to talking about the iPad in real time or later via screen casting.
Dr. Frank Lowney Georgia College & State University
Senior Director for External Projects
and Assistant to the Director, Digital Innovation Group @ Georgia College

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users