• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Post your comments for Atomic Web Browser for iPhone and iPad here

#2 User is offline   Argelius 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

This app is insanely under-priced! It's become my default browser on my iPad and iPhone and is worth at least 5 times more than they are charging. I can't add much to the review, but everyone should shell out the 99 cents and give it s try. Also, for you jail breakers out there, there's a Cydia app that let's you set Atomic as your default browser (which I did), which quickly makes this feel like the browser Apple should have come up with.

#3 User is offline   Speed_Racer 

• PipPip

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for this review. I had Atomic Lite on my iPad for a while now but didn't use it much. Based on this review, I decided 99ยข wasn't much to risk for the full version. I liked it enough that it has joined the four default Apple apps at the bottom of my home screen. The real tabs are better than the "tab switching" in Mobile Safari.

#4 User is offline   quadmax 

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

Each time the author berated the appearance and aesthetics of Atomic I had to ask myself again...what the heck is he talking about? It looks almost the same as Safari in most respects and runs circles around it for sheer power and speed. Somebody clue me in, please. I do wish the progress bar was at the top of the screen with the rest of the important bits, though.

#5 User is offline   jfull15 

• Pip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

View Postquadmax, on 12 July 2010 - 07:11 PM, said:

Each time the author berated the appearance and aesthetics of Atomic I had to ask myself again...what the heck is he talking about? It looks almost the same as Safari in most respects and runs circles around it for sheer power and speed. Somebody clue me in, please. I do wish the progress bar was at the top of the screen with the rest of the important bits, though.

The most recent update improved the appearance by quite a bit, but it still feels a bit rough around the edges when compared to Mobile Safari. It's in no way an ugly app, but it just doesn't have the refinements of Safari.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users