Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Best Mac-based CRM Program? - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Mac-based CRM Program? Need CRM capabilities and accurate syncing.

#1 User is offline   ski542002 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hello:
I need a prolific mac-based crm program that will reliably sync with my MBPro running Snow Leopard and my iPhone 3GS running IOS 4.
Tried Daylite: Sync became inaccurate and I don't want to have to mess with the server using the iPhone app. My MBP is my prime machine, so the Daylite server is useless in my case.
Thought Chronos SOHO Organizer was the solution. The trial worked well for a week or so, but I found it doesn't accurately sync changes authored in Soho back to iCal, especially reoccurring tasks.
ANY third party app that I use NEEDS to accurately sync all data to/from iCal and Address Book, as they are in my opinion the keystones to a "safe data" solution. Whatever future changes that Apple makes to iCal/Address Book, should sync.

If no solutions, I'll have to live with iCal & Address book, but they're not close to a true crm solution.

#2 User is offline   Yosh007 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

Have you considered Salesforce? It's web based, but I've been told it integrates with Mac Mail. They are number 2 in overall market share, after SAP, so they must be doing something right.

#3 User is offline   ski542002 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

Hi:

Sorry for the very belated reply to your reply! I will keep SalesForce in my records for future reference. After trying many other programs since my initial post, I've gone cautiously back to Daylite and so far, it's been fantastic.

I have had some sync issues but for those planning to investigate Daylite, I've got some strong suggestions on how to start off on the right foot!
1. Make sure your iCal calendars are up to date and the way you want them to read before you sync with Daylite.
2. In Daylite preference, make SURE, the Daylite calendar names match exactly, the calendar names in iCal.
3. Make sure your Address Book is up to date.
4. Back up your iCal and Address book calendars at a minimum daily, and if you're making a lot of updates to the data, more than once a day.
5. I have had some duplicate entry issues with Daylite after a sync. If things get real wonky, you can always then revert to your iCal/Address Book backups to quickly clean everything in Daylite after a sync.

iCal and Address Book are your failsafe and should always be protected with any 3rd party program. Given the complexity of Daylite, I think it syncs well to the Mac.
I can't try Daylite Touch, because my main Mac is a laptop, which will not work well as a server (necessary for Daylite Touch), so that is unfortunate for now.

I've still found Daylite to be the best Mac CRM program, especially if you (like I), am a one-man-shop, that has to do everything, from administrative to sales, to production.

Thanks.

CD

#4 User is offline   dalece 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

View Postski542002, on 18 August 2010 - 05:43 AM, said:

Hi:

Sorry for the very belated reply to your reply! I will keep SalesForce in my records for future reference. After trying many other programs since my initial post, I've gone cautiously back to Daylite and so far, it's been fantastic.

I have had some sync issues but for those planning to investigate Daylite, I've got some strong suggestions on how to start off on the right foot!
1. Make sure your iCal calendars are up to date and the way you want them to read before you sync with Daylite.
2. In Daylite preference, make SURE, the Daylite calendar names match exactly, the calendar names in iCal.
3. Make sure your Address Book is up to date.
4. Back up your iCal and Address book calendars at a minimum daily, and if you're making a lot of updates to the data, more than once a day.
5. I have had some duplicate entry issues with Daylite after a sync. If things get real wonky, you can always then revert to your iCal/Address Book backups to quickly clean everything in Daylite after a sync.

iCal and Address Book are your failsafe and should always be protected with any 3rd party program. Given the complexity of Daylite, I think it syncs well to the Mac.
I can't try Daylite Touch, because my main Mac is a laptop, which will not work well as a server (necessary for Daylite Touch), so that is unfortunate for now.

I've still found Daylite to be the best Mac CRM program, especially if you (like I), am a one-man-shop, that has to do everything, from administrative to sales, to production.

Thanks.

CD

For the rest of us "after trying many CRMs" it would be really nice to know what you tried and the issues so the rest of us do not have to reinvent the wheel.

For example I have been considering looking at Bento. Is it one of them you tried? What are the others and the issues? Of course it would also be helpful to know the industry it is be used in - service, retail, manufacturing, real estate, etc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users