Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Live Update: Apple Q4 Earnings Call - Macworld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live Update: Apple Q4 Earnings Call

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

  • Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot
  • Posts: 34,402
  • Joined: 30-November 07

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Post your comments for Live Update: Apple Q4 Earnings Call here
0

#2 User is offline   KPOM 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,376
  • Joined: 14-December 07

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

The stock's getting crushed after hours (it dropped below $300). I guess it didn't beat by "enough" to satisfy lofty expectations. Hopefully it's just temporary and sanity returns during the rest of the week. I probably should have waited until tomorrow to buy again. :)

This post has been edited by KPOM: 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

0

#3 User is offline   Stewsburntmonkey 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,150
  • Joined: 03-July 07

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

View PostKPOM, on 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

The stock's getting crushed after hours (it dropped below $300). I guess it didn't beat by "enough" to satisfy lofty expectations. Hopefully it's just temporary and sanity returns during the rest of the week. I probably should have waited until tomorrow to buy again. :)


It seems to always do that. "Analysts" always seem to find something to justify a sell-off following any Apple announcement. The price generally recovers relatively quickly though. Apparently the excuse this time was the drop in iPod sales and "disappointing" iPad (a.k.a. media tablet) sales.
0

#4 User is offline   KPOM 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,376
  • Joined: 14-December 07

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostStewsburntmonkey, on 18 October 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostKPOM, on 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

The stock's getting crushed after hours (it dropped below $300). I guess it didn't beat by "enough" to satisfy lofty expectations. Hopefully it's just temporary and sanity returns during the rest of the week. I probably should have waited until tomorrow to buy again. :)


It seems to always do that. "Analysts" always seem to find something to justify a sell-off following any Apple announcement. The price generally recovers relatively quickly though. Apparently the excuse this time was the drop in iPod sales and "disappointing" iPad (a.k.a. media tablet) sales.


Last quarter it did the opposite, though. It popped the next day, went down over the next few weeks, and then stormed upward over the last month of the quarter.
0

#5 User is offline   Stewsburntmonkey 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,150
  • Joined: 03-July 07

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

View PostKPOM, on 18 October 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostStewsburntmonkey, on 18 October 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostKPOM, on 18 October 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

The stock's getting crushed after hours (it dropped below $300). I guess it didn't beat by "enough" to satisfy lofty expectations. Hopefully it's just temporary and sanity returns during the rest of the week. I probably should have waited until tomorrow to buy again. :)


It seems to always do that. "Analysts" always seem to find something to justify a sell-off following any Apple announcement. The price generally recovers relatively quickly though. Apparently the excuse this time was the drop in iPod sales and "disappointing" iPad (a.k.a. media tablet) sales.


Last quarter it did the opposite, though. It popped the next day, went down over the next few weeks, and then stormed upward over the last month of the quarter.


Yeah, it seemed like last quarter the pre-earnings ramp-up in price never happened. I don't know if everyone was waiting to see how the iPad did or just generally reticent.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users