Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Unofficial 3-in-1 iPad Camera Connection Kit appears - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unofficial 3-in-1 iPad Camera Connection Kit appears

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

Post your comments for Unofficial 3-in-1 iPad Camera Connection Kit appears here

#2 User is offline   bjojade 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

Unofficial, meaning in blatant violation of patent law. From China. Go figure.

#3 User is offline   Showman 

• PipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

What is the issue with Compact Flash? There are very few CF adaptors out there compared to other formats, yet almost all high end digital cameras use CF.

#4 User is offline   TheBum 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

CF is bulky, making for a bulky dongle. Plus, the Canon 1D MkIII and MkIV support both CF and SD. Only Nikon seems to be sticking solely to CF.

#5 User is offline   JDW 

• PipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Having upgraded my camera in the last year, the lack of CF is unimportant to me (although it was important when I owned a PowerShot G5). However, I find the authors remark quite humorous: "who wants the hassle of carrying two tiny dongles around?" A better question is this: "who wants to carry ANY dongles around?" Not me, for certain. And that is precisely why I await the iPad 2, to see if Apple will at least give potential iPad buyers like myself a built-in SD card slot and/or a USB connector too.

#6 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

View PostShowman, on 14 December 2010 - 02:38 PM, said:

What is the issue with Compact Flash? There are very few CF adaptors out there compared to other formats, yet almost all high end digital cameras use CF.

Well, that's kind of the problem right there. In 2010, CF is a very vertical product. The relatively small number of people who might find value in a CF adapter for iPads are producing quite large files in continuously-tweaked proprietary formats, and will generally have a notebook along with them because they can actually continue their workflow in the field.

#7 User is offline   WilliamEvans 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

The 5 in 1 iPad Connection Kit is even better. The 3 in 1 is old news. http://www.razoredge...ection-kit.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users