#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Post your comments for Syncing multiple Google calendars to iPhone here

#2 User is online   cjek420 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Or you can sync using caldav which is also supported by iCal.

#3 User is offline   IvanUnger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

On m.google.com/sync I had to switch the language to "Englisch (US)" in order to select the wanted calendards.
Weird thing though, I'm not seeing my other google calendars in the calendar app.

I remember it working on my 3GS back in February. Now on my new iPhone 4 it doesn't seem work instantly. Had to reboot my iPhone.

But it works ... :)

#4 User is offline   BrianBufalo 

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Also, you could do the same thing just with a Google Apps account so everyone would have a custom domain ($10/YEAR) and make the integration a little easier. My wife and I do the steps outlined above and it works great!

#5 User is offline   bonesb 

• PipPip

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

View Postcjek420, on 20 December 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

Or you can sync using caldav which is also supported by iCal.

Yeah, but with caveats…
Pros - on the iPhone you’ll get multiple alerts and at least 5 color-coordinated calendars.
Cons - on the iPhone events synching down from the cloud will not update immediately but rather randomly. My main worry/gripe with Google CalDAV is that alarms don’t translate between Google Calendar and CalDAV - GCal events don’t translate to GCalDAV; alert(s) in your iPhone will show up in iCal and vice-versa, but not in GCal or other devices talking to your account via Gmail (Android/WebOS devices come to mind - and your cloud space), *and* vice-versa - GCal alarms won’t show up in your devices talking to your account via CalDAV.

I use a Palm Pre Plus on VZW and an iPhone, along with iCal to talk to my Google Apps. There isn’t a perfect means to use Google’s implementation of CalDAV which to me is pretty maddening. I have to verify everything I generate if I want to use GCalDAV or put up with at least a few delegate calendars with identical coloring if I use GCal Activesync. Sigh. Hey, at least we have options, right?

#6 User is offline   ShawnMichael 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

I ran into this problem today and there is another way.

You can set the account up as a Google Account instead of Microsoft Exchange (which helps if the accounts were previously added). This option will only sync one calendar initially. To get more calendars synced to the phone visit this url and select the calendars you want to sync:

https://www.google.c...ar/iphoneselect

#7 User is offline   HillelZ 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I know this is a very old thread but I just wanted to say that ShawnMichael's way of doing this is by far the best way and allows complete syncing with your Google calendar including the same colors.
Thanks A million!

#8 User is offline   Redswish 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

I ran into this problem today and there is another way. You can set the account up as a Google Account instead of Microsoft Exchange (which helps if the accounts were previously added). This option will only sync one calendar initially. To get more calendars synced to the phone visit this url and select the calendars you want to sync: https://www.google.c...ar/iphoneselect

THIS NEEDS TO BE HIGHER!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users