• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:40 AM

Post your comments for Canon Selphy CP800 here

#2 User is offline   smumac 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

On the plus side, you don't have to worry about the inks drying out with the Sylphy. Also, the prints feel much more like a traditional photo than the inkjet glossy prints.

#3 User is offline   Ravenflight 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

Actually if you compare it to the Epson PictureMate (it's main competitor) the price per print is slightly cheaper for the 100 sheet packs- Epson includes 100 sheets - Canon is 108 sheets and both are just under 30.00 on Amazon. However from my experience (having owned the Epson PictureMate for a couple of years) the Canon is far superior and the price per print is far lower. With the PictureMate, every time you want to print you have to go through endless nozzle cleanings- every time you select 'print test pattern' after you clean the print nozzles you waste another sheet. The last time I used the PictureMate I cleaned the nozzle 12 times - on a brand new cartridge! - went through 12 sheets of test patterns and still could not get a good pattern on all colors. I then finally tossed the Epson in the garbage and bought the Canon.

As far as ink cassettes, the Canon's cartridge is smaller and a lot lighter. You do have to be a little careful not to catch the cellophane ink when inserting, but other than that, what a joy to finally be able to buy 108 sheets and actually print 108 photos! No liquid ink to dry out, no inkjets to clog, no wasting an hour doing endless cleaning cycles every time you let the printer sit for a couple weeks and then want to print a photo. No wasting half a package of expensive photo paper printing test patterns. And the photo's look better than the ones I get from a lab!

I only wish I had bought the white one. The black one comes with a white paper tray and white cords.

#4 User is offline   justamacguy 

• PipPip

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

The HiTi printer is better than these... and it can print on the go using an battery.

#5 User is offline   SamuelAyodele 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

I have noticed that there is an appearance of line(s) on the print. What is the remedy to this line(s)?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users