• Group: MW Bot

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

Post your comments for Sony Internet TV NSZ-GT1 here

#2 User is offline   jpmhughes 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

There are cheaper alternatives out there and the no basic Hulu kills it for most people I am sure.

#3 User is offline   tedkennedy 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

We had a different challenge and this was the perfect solution. We wanted Blu-Ray, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, and DirecTV - AND one user interface instead of numerous remotes. We looked at the total problem and considered AppleTV (no satellite interface), programmable BD remote (clumsy human factors - REALLY tiny buttons!), independent products tied together with a Logitech remote (very powerful potential but complicated GUI, even with macros), and Control 4 (great but too expensive - $400 for just the C$ base unit).

The Sony is a great remote that doesn't offer everything, just the commands you really use the most. The integration is perfect - and my wife loves it. We're not video heads so we think the picture is great. We have 2 surround sound A/V setups and pump the 5.1 audio out through Denons and the sound is terrific. And we can't wait for more internet goodies coming!

Biggest issues are lack of back lighting, only controls 1 external HDMI input (satellite box), 2-button commands take a little getting used to, and it would be nice if there was some limited macro programability but of course then it's getting complicated again so that's really low priority. But I highly recommend this for a simple, tight, perfectly accommodating system integration and user interface platform that's easy to use and expandable (or so I firmly believe vis a vis vendor). The price was just right for all the features we were after.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users