Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Would you realize if you lost your smartphone? - Macworld Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Would you realize if you lost your smartphone?

#15 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

View PostDTapley, on 03 April 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Ummm.... I assumed this was an April-Fool's story...

Why? There's nothing obviously silly about it. Nothing absurd, and no punchline at the end.

That reminds me; I have to see if the IETF has posted any 4/1 RFCs yet for this year. ... Yep, RFC 6217 is up.

#16 User is offline   Zampone 

• PipPip

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:38 AM

What's the big deal? Just keep it in your pocket all time and don't leave it anywhere...

#17 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostZampone, on 04 April 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

What's the big deal? Just keep it in your pocket all time and don't leave it anywhere...

Seems to me that if you leave your phone in your pocket all the time, it's going to be very difficult or at least somewhat embarrasing to use. And heaven forbid you have to borrow someone else's.

Less snarkily, not everyone has clothing on every day that has pockets suitable for holding a cell phone. Especially the larger smart phones that are becoming more common. (Frankly I almost never have suitable pockets.)

#18 User is offline   renaultssoftwareco 

• PipPip

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

View Postbastion, on 04 April 2011 - 04:45 AM, said:

Seems to me that if you leave your phone in your pocket all the time, it's going to be very difficult or at least somewhat embarrasing to use. And heaven forbid you have to borrow someone else's.

Less snarkily, not everyone has clothing on every day that has pockets suitable for holding a cell phone. Especially the larger smart phones that are becoming more common. (Frankly I almost never have suitable pockets.)

iPhones fit in jean pockets very well. I wear jeans (being a guy) all the time.

#19 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

View Postrenaultssoftwareco, on 05 April 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Your jeans, maybe. Not mine. Do you never sit, or do you have exceptionally deep pockets?

#20 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

View Postrenaultssoftwareco, on 05 April 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Goodness, what narrow minds we have. Think about beachwear, bathing, bedwear, changing uniforms at work, going through airport security, changing into sweats for a work-out at the gym, driving (where it would be marginally worse to dig through your pockets than actually be using the phone), amusement parks involving water, hospitalization, professions where you cannot carry your phone (ER room worker, skindiver), circumstances prone to breakage/impacts such as skateboarding, bicycling, etc. Not to mention women wearing dresses or anyone wearing an outfit without pockets.

To suggest everyone just leave their phones in their pockets is arrogant to the point of being troll bait.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users