Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Digital Camera for 5 year old - Macworld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Digital Camera for 5 year old Advice needed please!

#1 User is offline   John Mayne 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 02-April 11

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi!

I have a 5 year old son who is really keen to use a digital camera. Presently, I own a MacBook Pro and my wife has ordered an iPad2 and we want something robust that would be easy enough for a young child, (5) to use. We live in the U.K. and I am keen for my son to learn the basics of Mac despite school being almost entirely windows! Any advice on cameras that you may have used would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
John :rolleyes:
0

#2 User is offline   Martian 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,516
  • Joined: 27-September 01

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostJohn Mayne, on 02 April 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hi!

I have a 5 year old son who is really keen to use a digital camera. Presently, I own a MacBook Pro and my wife has ordered an iPad2 and we want something robust that would be easy enough for a young child, (5) to use. We live in the U.K. and I am keen for my son to learn the basics of Mac despite school being almost entirely windows! Any advice on cameras that you may have used would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
John :rolleyes:

Certainly one of your friends has a 2-3 year old (hence ancient) point-and-shoot that they have replaced but don't have the heart to throw out. They would be thrilled to give it to you for a few quid, or maybe nothing. If your 5 year old is interested, he will actually produce interesting shots. If he drops it down the toilet, your only problem is plumbing.

This post has been edited by Martian: 02 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

0

#3 User is offline   jerrila 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 04-October 09

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostMartian, on 02 April 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostJohn Mayne, on 02 April 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hi!

I have a 5 year old son who is really keen to use a digital camera. Presently, I own a MacBook Pro and my wife has ordered an iPad2 and we want something robust that would be easy enough for a young child, (5) to use. We live in the U.K. and I am keen for my son to learn the basics of Mac despite school being almost entirely windows! Any advice on cameras that you may have used would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
John :rolleyes:

Certainly one of your friends has a 2-3 year old (hence ancient) point-and-shoot that they have replaced but don't have the heart to throw out. They would be thrilled to give it to you for a few quid, or maybe nothing. If your 5 year old is interested, he will actually produce interesting shots. If he drops it down the toilet, your only problem is plumbing.

0

#4 User is offline   jerrila 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 04-October 09

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

View Postjerrila, on 18 September 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

View PostMartian, on 02 April 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostJohn Mayne, on 02 April 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hi!

I have a 5 year old son who is really keen to use a digital camera. Presently, I own a MacBook Pro and my wife has ordered an iPad2 and we want something robust that would be easy enough for a young child, (5) to use. We live in the U.K. and I am keen for my son to learn the basics of Mac despite school being almost entirely windows! Any advice on cameras that you may have used would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,
John :rolleyes:

Certainly one of your friends has a 2-3 year old (hence ancient) point-and-shoot that they have replaced but don't have the heart to throw out. They would be thrilled to give it to you for a few quid, or maybe nothing. If your 5 year old is interested, he will actually produce interesting shots. If he drops it down the toilet, your only problem is plumbing.


0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users