• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to transfer files to and from an iPad

#29 User is offline   Codger8898 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

I want to install App UPDATES to my I-Pad. I can do this on my I-Pad, if
the app is under 20MB. I don't know how to do it if the app is over 20MB?
I don't have WI-FI, but, do have 3G?

#30 User is offline   CharlesFerguson 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostSteven Carter, on 12 May 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

I think that the author is not sufficiently familiar with the capabilities of iDisk and hence is messing with dozens of work-arounds to try and make Dropbox do what is easily done with iDisk straight from the box so to speak.

On your computer in System Preferences, go to MobileMe preferences and set iDisk to, "iDisk Sync On." That keeps a copy of iDisk on the your desktop of your computer at all times and synchronizes that copy whenever your computer is online.

In the same preference pane, check the box, "Always keep most recent version of a file."

Now, from your computer, your iPad, or your iPhone, you will always have access to the most recent version of your files. About a year ago, I moved my entire home folder to the iDisk and now have access to the most recent version of everything from every device. Simple and affordable. MobileMe is only $65 at Amazon.

MobileMe is no longer available

#31 User is offline   Rodgriff 

• Pip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I used tomuse idisc a lot, but now I understand that Apple will get rid of that along with mobileme. When that was announced they made it sound as though the cloud wo do the business instead. So far I haven't found any way that it does.

#32 User is offline   Aaronz 

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

I've just recently been introduced to Apple after many, many years with PCs. Windows 7 has been the straw that broke the camel's back and I wanted out. I have been producing ebooks for Kindle and other devices and decided to tackle the iPad. I am totally knocked out by the technology of iPad and MacBook Pro, so I've invested.
But why oh why oh why do the folk who develop such marvellous kit allow the logic of how it can be used to be placed in the hands of idiots? And why oh why do they give the writing of the 'help' files to dribbling illiterates who could not describe logically how to find their own backsides with both hands, a map and a satnav?
I want to take a file from my iPad to my MacBook. Dead simple with Kindle to PC - hook up the USB, click on the Kindle icon, open the documents folder and take the file. No brainer. For pics from iPad to PC ditto.
To do the same thing for iPad to MacBook seems to involve some form of arcane religious ritual in which it is only through the intercession of a klutzy, clumsy and infuriatingly illogical oracle (aka iTunes) that I just may - if I'm lucky - be able to manage it in the same length of time that it would take a chimpanzee to translate the Book of Jonah from Hebrew into Sanskrit!
Please could anyone advise a simple way to get a movie file from the camera app on my iPad to the desktop of my MacBook? Otherwise I may ending up doing to the corpse of Steve Jobs what Charles II did to that of Cromwell!!

#33 User is offline   kmitchell3 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I have Snow Leopard and the new iPad (3)

My experience.

1. Created a Numbers document on the iPad.
2. Connect the iPad to the iMac.
3. From the iPad click Print and Share and send to iTunes.
4. In iTunes, drag and drop the document to the appropriate folder.
5. Update Numbers data in iPad
6. Repeat same process above, and when prompted, replace existing Numbers doc in folder on iMac.

So far, so good.

7. Update Numbers data on iPad.
8. Use the WiFi to seamlessly share updated data from iPad to iTunes on iMac.

Now, here is the issue. Unless I physically connect the iPad to the iMac, I can't get to the updated version of the Numbers document.

It sort of seems pointless to be able to wirelessly update and share the Numbers document to iTunes, and then not being able to access that document without having to connect the iPad ???

#34 User is offline   wilmaf 

• Pip

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

I just bought an ipad3 and I want to use it to go to a meeting. I saw in the above commentary that one can use Dropbox to send Word documents to Pages, how does one do that? I downloaded Pages onto my ipad, but when I open my Dropbox folder and try to open a document that was created on my computer in Word, the file opens but I can't edit it. How do I actually get it into the Pages app?

#35 User is offline   BrianCoale 

• Pip

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostSteven Carter, on 12 May 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

Simple and affordable. MobileMe is only $65 at Amazon.

So what your saying is that we can share files to an iPad for $65, or we could do it on every other device and operating system in existence can do it for free?

#36 User is offline   SashaLittle 

• Pip

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Postmsbarsness, on 12 May 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

Why is this a problem? How hard could it be for Apple to implement a reasonable file management system? The iPad is useless for file editing. Pictures, browsing, email if you don't have to save, edit, resend an attachment, otherwise, not ready for prime time. (sent from my iPad!

The iPad is not useless for fie editing, and if you think so, you should get Pages.

#37 User is offline   webgadgetguru 

• Pip

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Why does every option to fix a failure of Apple's involve having to purchase a third party app? Android allows drag and drop directly to the file system...Windows...well, their cloud works pretty good...better than any kind of Apple stuff...and the Microsoft cloud works on *ALL* platforms...(well, I haven't tried it with my iPad yet)

#38 User is offline   jackwarner 

• Pip

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

There are various ways of transferring files in iPad like using iTunes, cloud storage, e-mail, FTP, etc. Now you need to google these ways to further process.

ipad publishing

#39 User is offline   ChrisMorton 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

max sux big balls...i cant be bothered wasting my time with ipads and mac in general...simple tasks such as copying files from my windows 7 box to my bosses ipad has been a time consuming waste of time (3 hours to copy one 96kb flash presentation - including downloading a syupid itunes app, getting the network admin to remove the itunes app from the banned software list on our domain, installing it, re-installing it, googling this post and others...i hope steve is rolling in hell as i try to do my jobs)

#40 User is offline   dougthaler111 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

Sure, iPads contain storage and connect to PCs via USB, but they don’t behave like flash drives or Android phones. Here are three tricks for moving files on and off an iPad. please visit our site:- oonline project managementnline project management

#41 User is offline   dougthaler111 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

Sure, iPads contain storage and connect to PCs via USB, but they don’t behave like flash drives or Android phones. Here are three tricks for moving files on and off an iPad. please visit our site:- online project management.

#42 User is offline   famy 

• Pip

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi
I am new to the apple world and just need to find out if there is a possiblity to transfer music from my friends mac to my ipad?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users