• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What games can my MacBook run?

#1 User is offline   JohnCowan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

I have a mid 2007 Macbook 13' that has the 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. The graphics card is not stellar, GMA 950 64MB shared memory. (Can I up the memory of that in setting?)

What I wat to know is what games can I play? All I have now is a Cider port of Half Life 2. It runs perfectly, so I know there has to be something I can run, however, everything I have tried other than HL2 has not worked for some reason or another. Even HL1 failed to work. FPS's like half life are my favorite, but I am open to anything you think might run on my MacBook. Also I am going to upgrade the memory to 4GB as soon as I can.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   JohnCowan 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Guys, I know this is a total noob question, and even though I have been a loyal Mac user since 2005 I just really don't know much about their inner workings. I was a PeeCee builder before, and even after I switched to Macs. I can build a badass gaming rig at the drop of a hat, but when it comes to my MacBook I am clueless. Any advice, even good places to research would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#3 User is offline   Chilaha 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade Macbooks. But, I can make a few game suggestions. These games are free. QuakeLive, Americas Army 2.5. This game is costly but one of the best mac osx games, Halo Combat Evolved.
I hope this helped at all.
Chilaha

#4 User is offline   aonali21 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

View PostJohnCowan, on 18 May 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

I have a mid 2007 Macbook 13' that has the 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. The graphics card is not stellar, GMA 950 64MB shared memory. (Can I up the memory of that in setting?)

What I wat to know is what games can I play? All I have now is a Cider port of Half Life 2. It runs perfectly, so I know there has to be something I can run, however, everything I have tried other than HL2 has not worked for some reason or another. Even HL1 failed to work. FPS's like half life are my favorite, but I am open to anything you think might run on my MacBook. Also I am going to upgrade the memory to 4GB as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Redline
Championship Manager 2007
Guild Wars
Football Manager 2007
Half-Life 2
These are some games to play for your Mac

#5 User is offline   Linshine0 

• PipPip

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

View Postaonali21, on 24 August 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

Thanks!

Redline
Championship Manager 2007
Guild Wars
Football Manager 2007
Half-Life 2
These are some games to play for your Mac

It is useful for me!
Thanks!

#6 User is offline   ds35471 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

#7 User is offline   edddeduck 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

We have loads of our older games from 3 or 4 years ago that will play on your machine like Rome Total War or Sid Meiers Pirates! Any brand new titles like Batman Arkham Asylum will not work on your Mac as the graphics card is too slow for modern games. But there are still a lot of classic titles out you can try. The Feral site has min specs for all of the games on the website. I am sure other games companies will have similar setups.

Enjoy,

Edwin

#8 User is offline   Maverick513 

• PipPip

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Trine 2 has the Mac version. I think it can run on your Mac book.

#9 User is offline   ScottHaile 

• Pip

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm a co-owner of a free MMORPG that runs on openGL. I'm pretty sure you can run it on your mac. It's old school, but we have a pretty decent cult following. Minions of Mirth (MoM instead of WoW)

Minions of Mirth

Try it, it's free.

#10 User is offline   jamespdavid 

• Pip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

There are many games which you can play on your MacBook. I am a lover of racing game. Therefore I have all information about racing games. The best racing games for mac book are written below:

• Ford Racing 2
  • Torcs
  • Asphalt 6
  • Diddy Kong

You can easily play these games on MacBook.

#11 User is offline   mrjones19 

• PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

I would attempt running Team Fortress 2. It couldn't hurt trying sense its free. If you can run that, it would be a great benchmark for other source games as well. (Portal, Half-Life 2, CS:S, etc.)

#12 User is offline   Chilaha 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks!

I have a few more recommendations if you are still looking. The following games are free and should run with ease on your mac: Marathon (series by Bungie and open source), Urban Terror, Open Arena, and Nexuiz classic. Most of these games except for Urban Terror or Open Arena should run fairly well on your mac. Good luck!

#13 User is offline   jacob11 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

There are a wide range of games to play on a Macbook. You can visit the Apple's game page for some suggestions. Apple also maintains a download site that includes a game section which features demos of commercial games and shareware/freeware games.

#14 User is offline   CMGE 

• Pip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thanks!

There are alot of games which you could play.
I like Diablo3 and CIties XL.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users