• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

Post your comments for Fantastical 1.0 here

#2 User is offline   HobbesDoo 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

This is a very cool app. Well made and nice attention to details. Information that matters at your fingertips, without having to launch iCal.

#3 User is offline   heraclitis 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

This app sounds great. Unfortunately, I make almost all my appointments and set up meetings while I am on the run. I use my iPad. It would be much more useful to me (considering the very clunky iCal on iPad) if this app were available in a Mobile oriented version.

#4 User is offline   Panglos 

• PipPip

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Since I use iCal, other than to get the mini-calendar I see no reason to switch from the donationware QuickCal. Plus I would lose QuickCal's integration with its iOS versions. For me, this would be paying more to get less (unless I felt compelled to pay more than $15 for QuickCal, and after June 1 more than that).

#5 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostPanglos, on 20 May 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

Since I use iCal, other than to get the mini-calendar I see no reason to switch from the donationware QuickCal. Plus I would lose QuickCal's integration with its iOS versions. For me, this would be paying more to get less (unless I felt compelled to pay more than $15 for QuickCal, and after June 1 more than that).

QuickCal lets you create new events in iCal, but it doesn't have any of Fantastical's other features. If you prefer to use iCal itself for all those other things, then Fantastical isn't for you.
Dan Frakes / Senior Editor, Macworld

#6 User is offline   tjl1973 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostDan Frakes, on 20 May 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

View PostPanglos, on 20 May 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

QuickCal lets you create new events in iCal, but it doesn't have any of Fantastical's other features. If you prefer to use iCal itself for all those other things, then Fantastical isn't for you.
I'm not sure what the other features of Fantastical that QuickCal doesn't have. The only thing I can see is the mini-calendar and the UI is prettier. They seem to have the same event creation features.

#7 User is offline   Ptujec 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

View Posttjl1973, on 22 May 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

View PostDan Frakes, on 20 May 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

QuickCal lets you create new events in iCal, but it doesn't have any of Fantastical's other features. …
I'm not sure what the other features of Fantastical that QuickCal doesn't have…

In fact QuickCal has features Fantastical doesn't e.g. "live conflict detection", "smart reminders", "task support" … to name some. Yes, it follows a slightly different approach. It doesn't try to replace your calendar app (wether thats iCal, BusyCal or Google Calendar). But its great for what it does.
I suggest you take a look at the new version 3.0. This should also put away with the "eye candy" discussion…

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users