• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

Post your comments for The Daily and CNN App for iPad here

#2 User is offline   len5 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

Foxnews.com has a way better ipad app. That's why it's number 1 in the app store.

#3 User is offline   Bigacorn 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

I use The Daily and CNN everyday. The writer could not be more wrong. Each serves a unique purpose. CNN is more like headline news whilt The Daily does indepth reporting in a very readable and visionary way. I am glad to pay for my subscriptiob for Thw Daily due to the added value I receive from its contents. I hope the writer will take the time to really get acquanted with the two options beyond meeting a writing assignment deadline!

#4 User is offline   MrYmath 

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

They're free. Get both.

#5 User is offline   SFrawley 

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

View PostMrYmath, on 13 June 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

They're free. Get both.

That is misleading. The Daily is not free. It has a subscription cost for every day you read it. I tried it a couple times and found it inferior to numerous others. If you want free and better, try Flipboard, News360, Pulse, AP, BBC, or numerous others before spending your money on the Daily.

CNN is really FREE, so get it.
Steve Frawley
Tax, Accounting & Computers Svcs
Since 1984

#6 User is offline   pmbx 

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostSFrawley, on 13 June 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

View PostMrYmath, on 13 June 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

They're free. Get both.

That is misleading. The Daily is not free. It has a subscription cost for every day you read it. I tried it a couple times and found it inferior to numerous others. If you want free and better, try Flipboard, News360, Pulse, AP, BBC, or numerous others before spending your money on the Daily.

CNN is really FREE, so get it.

I think the author should clarify that point too. The Daily was NEVER intended to be free as far as I know. What irked me was that I was going to have to pay for it AND the ADS! Sorry, but that ain't happening for me.

Paid apps/subscriptions = NO ADS!

Like or leave it. I can get free content replete with the ads on the web.

#7 User is offline   EduCat 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

The Daily captured me (and earned year subscription purchase from me) due to it's in-depth feature writing across genres and topics. It's photos are nothing less than spectacular (many with 360 degree turns or slide windows of "before and after" effects). However, the best feature of this app is the objectivity of the writing. Nearly all stories stay away from agendas or biases.

A wide range of topics/stories, innovative pics, and objective writing. Enough said. I believe the Daily slam dunks CNN's app and most others, too.

#8 User is offline   MichaelMpls 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

I like both of these apps - however - the lack of fast app switching on the daily is very frustrating - having to re-launch the app if I need to close it and waiting for it to load is ridiculous for a new app and business that millions of dollars were invested into by Rupert Murdoch. It loads too slowly and needs the ability for fast app switching badly!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users