• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO

#57 User is offline   macreader 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

I would like to see more photos of Steve before he was sick, just for a little variety and perspective. The man's been dealing with terrible health issues these last few years, but that wasn't always the case. Let's see some shots from the introduction of the iMac and iPod. Vintage!

#58 User is offline   rodinka47 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Thank you Steve Jobs for sharing your enthusiasm and talents with us. I, for one, will miss your presentations, but I trust that Apple is not one man, but a team. I am really new to Apple, yet the year that I have spent getting acquainted with the product has been an eye-opener! Glad you are able to stay on as Chairman, so you still have hard work to do.
iLove my iMac

#59 User is offline   JohnStiressobm 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

You're right up there with Edison, Bell, Wright Brothers, Leonardo da Vinci; a true genius, visionary and hero to many, Steve. I hope your many days are spent in comfort and continued stellar creativity. Thank you.

#60 User is offline   JimHudakw02c 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Steve!

#61 User is offline   BrentShifleyi5qb 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Steve has taken computers to places Microsoft could not. His love of people and technology gave us our iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

Because of his skills, Apple was taken from a company that actaully had to get a financial loan from Microsoft, to being the biggest company in the world.

Hey Steve, well done!

This post has been edited by BrentShifleyi5qb: 24 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

#62 User is offline   halloa 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

For us : Please let's not be pessimistic here. He came back twice already. Let's just wish him the best possible time and wait for his third.

For him : Take care of you. Apple is fantastic, and you have done great work but life is more then that. Find your most precious treasure and enjoy it. Wishing you the very best.

#63 User is offline   ozdweed 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

l wish you well with your health problems and thank you for all that you have done with Apple.

#64 User is offline   drphoton 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Dear Mr. Steve Jobs,
You created the tech future and a superb company.
Thank you for realizing Heinlein, Bradbury, and Asimov and even more in our lifetimes!
We love you Steve. Hang in there and the very best of luck to you.
Dae

#65 User is offline   Steve Bilzi 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

DaVinci, Einstein, Edison, Jefferson, Jobs.

Few have blessed the world with such vision. I wish Mr. Jobs many more sunrises and full and enriching moments with his family. He has surely enriched ours. Godspeed, Steve.

#66 User is offline   fibercut 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

I hope Mr. Jobs health is on the mend.

His greatness started with the original iMac and the decision to kill off the clones. Then with Mr. Ives hiring Apple really took off and after OS X, iPod and the iPhone were some of the greatest things the company did. Godspeed Mr. Jobs.
Cutting fiber for everyones need

#67 User is offline   aletheno 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

As a member of that generation of Mac advocates who came through the days when Apple Computer, Inc. was on a death watch, Steve Jobs is much more to me than a CEO. He brought more than mere management skills to a widget company. What saved Apple and propelled it to its present incredible levels of achievement was Steve's passion for putting the capabilities of cutting edge technology in the hands of ordinary people and making a company that was primarily built not on professional marketing, but on the enthusiasm of its customer base. We can only hope that the echoes of that passion are built sufficiently into the Apple ethic that they will carry through to the next generation and beyond.

#68 User is offline   JayReynolds9xcm 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

We are all sad to see Steve go. But we also knew this day was coming. And so did Apple managers and employees. Although Jobs is the visionary, there are thousands of employees working behind closed doors to make these products a reality. They aren't going anywhere, and they will continue to innovate and push the limits. Jobs has not been running the day to day operations at Apple for almost 9 months, and they seem to be doing pretty well... Jobs was able to put together a tightly oiled machine, and it will continue to chug along.

#69 User is online   LarryRac 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Mahalo Steve. Your are truly an incredible individual!

#70 User is offline   JayReynolds9xcm 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

For all of those concerned about the future of Apple, take a deep breath. Companies can survive and prosper without their visionary leaders at the helm. Take Disney for example. Today the company is larger than Walt ever would have dreamed, but more importantly they've maintained his values and vision. Another example is Ford. Henry Ford is long gone, but today Ford is experiencing record-breaking profits and have some of the best cars on the road. It takes more than one person to make a great company.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users