• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steve Jobs's resignation letter

#15 User is offline   PowerPC 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

I wonder what Steve Wozniak thinks about this.

#16 User is offline   David 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Thank you, Steve, for 25 years of Mac computers, and iEverything. (Not sure if my ever-suffering spouse agrees!) Thanks for all those years of fun and pleasure, and a wonderful computer experience. Thanks for your vision and passion.

Now, for whatever life brings you: Journey well, Steve.

#17 User is offline   Success 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Mr Jobs, you set the standard long ago and today is the #1 brand in the world. Fortunately you will remain active in the life of Apple as Chairman and walking Reality Distortion Field. Thank you.

#18 User is offline   douglasdarden 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

He's been sick hasn't he? This doesn't come as a surprise. I admire the fact that he recognizes that he can no longer continue as the CEO and stepped down before somebody made him do so.

#19 User is offline   belindadroll 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Steve Jobs' health must be at the forefront, and he will always be in our thoughts and prayers. To the company, please assure us that you will be guided by the spirit of offering innovative, quality products backed by personal tech support in your stores and/or via mail. Please continue to directly sell to your customers. Please do not allow retailers to sell and/or warrant your products. We have all had the computer that was made by company a and its operating system made by company b and neither takes responsibility for the many problems. And the retailer who sold it to us? Their "squad" has neither the knowledge nor the will to uphold any warranty. In short, the quality of Apple cannot be overstated--their willingness to stand behind that product, to be available to a customer much the way a doctor is to a patient, is absolutely vital and so much a part of Steve Jobs' vision. We hope that what he began years ago and continued so brilliantly will go on in Tim and others who take the daily reigns. And like so many others, we thank Mr. Jobs and pray he feels better soon.

#20 User is offline   venividivici 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

I am questioning Tim Cook's abilities, but he has to be sweating the pressure. Some shoes to fill in, I say.

Sad to see Steve go, best wishes.

#21 User is offline   Steve Bilzi 

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

DaVinci, Einstein, Edison, Jefferson, Jobs.

Few have blessed the world with such vision. I wish Mr. Jobs many more sunrises and full and enriching moments with his family. He has surely enriched ours. Godspeed, Steve.

#22 User is offline   wbrock0011 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, with all he's been through health wise for anyone who knows how extreme the surgery is to survive the form of Pancreatic cancer he had, I'm amazed he stayed on as long as he did. Let him chill with his family, and even his bio is coming out...which sounds like he is preparing for an uncertain future. Good luck!

#23 User is offline   vincent860524 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Am I dreaming?
iMac 21.5 inch, 3.6GHz Core i5 (BTO), Mid 2010.

#24 User is offline   Widerbarrel 

• Pip

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Steve for leading this company to the top. I wish you the best of lucks and hope you get better. You gave us a better way of working with computers. I grew up with a Mac Plus in front of me that changed my way of thinking. I knew that great things were coming with that little apple coloured logo. I admire you as a person and strongly believe you are truly a visionary.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users