Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Apple turns to Tim Cook to replace Steve Jobs - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple turns to Tim Cook to replace Steve Jobs

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Post your comments for Apple turns to Tim Cook to replace Steve Jobs here

#2 User is offline   RASTERMAN 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

We wish Tim luck! He's got the skills and staff to continue the strong forward momentum Apple has been enjoying for the last few years.

Cheers!

---RASTER

#3 User is offline   CraigL303 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

While Tim Cook may not have Jobs's charisma, he's proven repeatedly that he can get done whatever job he's given. There's no way I'll sell any of my Apple stock because I believe it will continue to appreciate, probably even faster than it has. While I'm tempted to say "The king is dead! Long live the new king!", that's not appropriate because under Jobs & Cook, the creativity and productivity we've come to expect have continued as the basic corporate mentality throughout Apple. There's no reason to expect that it won't continue.

This post has been edited by CraigL303: 24 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

#4 User is offline   smcarter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have little doubt that Tim Cook is a very good manager, but will he be a visionary. Only time will tell. Apple had a number of technocrats in the 90s and none of them did very well. Hopefully, Tim Cook will be different.

#5 User is offline   VeryOldMacGuy 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

View Postsmcarter, on 24 August 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

I have little doubt that Tim Cook is a very good manager, but will he be a visionary. Only time will tell. Apple had a number of technocrats in the 90s and none of them did very well. Hopefully, Tim Cook will be different.

I think there is a decided difference. In the 90s, Apple was chasing the rest of the world. Today, the world is chasing Apple. It's Tim's game to lose.

#6 User is offline   kboone34 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Unlike the Yahoo's at the helm of Apple in the past, Iim Cook, was groomed and hand selected by Steve himself. He has been running the company for some time now, Still NO doubt, he is walking into the spotlight of perhaps one of the best CEO's of all time. But trust me, he would not be there is Steve didn't say so.

We love you Steve and believe me, even those so called competitors, they love you too, how could they not. The Boone family & I would like to wish you and the "Jobs' family our very best! Our live's have been improved because of you.

P.S. Man I can't wait for the next iPhone. Thanks again Steve,
Keith Boone

#7 User is offline   palane 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

I'm not worried about either of Steve's babies--Apple or Pixar. I hope he gets well. If not, what an incredible legacy.

BB

#8 User is offline   RamaFan 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

War Da** Eagle

#9 User is offline   footagehead 

• PipPip

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

. “Tim Cook’s the guy who makes the trains run on time,” said Roger Kay of Endpoint Technology Associates in a 2009 interview. “He’s not the creative genius… Even though in some sense he is an excellent manager and is the backstop for Steve … that’s not going to do anything except make the trains run on time. That’s not going to decide what the train should look like in five years.”

So we should value this "analysts expert opinion" ? Did he ever hear of Jony Ive ! Duh !
Tim + Jony = innovation and perfection !

Steve, as an Apple user since 1983, I wish you health and happiness, and look forward to seeing you onstage at 100 to unveil the "iSteve" (just one more thing....... that might save the world)

#10 User is offline   MorrisTheCat 

• PipPip

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

View Postfootagehead, on 25 August 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

So we should value this "analysts expert opinion" ? Did he ever hear of Jony Ive ! Duh !
Tim + Jony = innovation and perfection !

Yep, agreed. I have no doubt that Steve was heavily involved in much of the creativity behind Apple's outstandingly successful product line through the years, but if analysts really think it was all Steve's doing they are kidding themselves. Jonathan Ive and his crack team of creative geniuses deserve much of the credit behind Apple's blockbuster products.
The successes will continue as long as Tim can keep the emotional connection behind what Apple does alive both inside and outside of Apple. From the quotes of his included in this piece, he has shown he fully understands the DNA of the company and can certainly do it.

Also, as someone else said, 'its Tim's game to lose' this time around. The hard part of pulling Apple from one foot in the grave in the late 90s and turning it into the top tech company in the world has already been done by Steve. He's leaving the company in the best possible position.

#11 User is offline   Prince9ish 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Good luck, Tim Cook

Good Luck,Tim Cook

#12 User is offline   WilliamBrucem28r 

• Pip

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Tim Cook is from Alabama, about 10 miles from where I currently live. This is a blog post I wrote about him. http://williambruce....imothy-d-cook/.

#13 User is offline   carking99 

• Pip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

RIP Steve.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users