• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Eight iPhone 4 battery cases

#29 User is offline   Kbritany 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

I would strongly recommend NOT buying the Sol Solar-Powered Charging Case!!! It does not live up to the hype and barely improved on the iPhone's battery life. In fact, my wife's one fell apart within a month. I tried to contact Sol twice but they don't return emails nor do they have a customer service number to call.

#30 User is offline   tylerlevi 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Why does nearly every case use a micro-usb to charge it? Why can't they just use the lightning port since that's what I normally use to charge my phone with and don't want to have to start using a completely different adapter, again!

#31 User is offline   Martian 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Posttylerlevi, on 17 October 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Why does nearly every case use a micro-usb to charge it? Why can't they just use the lightning port since that's what I normally use to charge my phone with and don't want to have to start using a completely different adapter, again!

I wonder if Apple wouldn't charge a case manufacturer an additional royalty for the male lightning port in addition to the royalty already charged for the case's mandatory female lightning port.
At least the micro USB cable is dirt cheap, standard hardware item, available "anywhere". If you forget a cable, it's easy to borrow or buy one at the last minute.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users