• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Post your comments for Slideshow: Apple talks iPhone here

#2 User is offline   chary3 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

day late and a dollar short... I left your coverage as did many others that I know, bc your overloaded servers were not up to the job. We realize that MacWorld is probably the most obvious place for even novice interest in Apple - but you really let your loyal readers down yesterday.

Yeah, Ill still read everyday... but big events will take my bandwidth elsewhere.

#3 User is offline   bettercitizens 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

View Postchary3, on 05 October 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

day late and a dollar short... I left your coverage as did many others that I know, bc your overloaded servers were not up to the job. We realize that MacWorld is probably the most obvious place for even novice interest in Apple - but you really let your loyal readers down yesterday.

Yeah, Ill still read everyday... but big events will take my bandwidth elsewhere.

Everyone had issues with live blogging from the event yesterday. The live blog on Ars Technica was out for about 25 minutes, although they were sending updates over twitter. The outright outage at MacWorld was the worst that I saw, but everyone appeared to be affected.

#4 User is offline   grantmcconnaughey 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

View Postchary3, on 05 October 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

Yeah, I was annoyed at MacWorld, too. So I then took my attention to thisismynext.com, Gizmodo.com, and Engadget.com, and the fact is...ALL of them had issues with bandwidth. Granted, MacWorld was the only one that went down for the entire show, but in the end no one could handle that type of incredible traffic. Not even massively popular sites like Engadget could handle it. Having said that, it WAS disappointing to see that MacWorld was the only site that never recovered (at least from what I saw). I now completely understand why Apple stopped streaming their live videos of the event. If really popular websites can't even handle the traffic with a liveblog, then how can we expect the world's most popular company, showing off the newest version of the world's most popular product, to handle the traffic and bandwidth that comes with trying to stream audio and video? Disappointing, but understandable.

#5 User is offline   pawhite524 

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

Nicely done, concise, with emphasis on the highlights of the products. I am sure you will provide further elaboration as to how these features differentiate iPhone 4S from the current competition with only internal changes...

#6 User is offline   avi8tor 

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

I too was very disappointed in what was supposed to be live coverage of the event. There were times that I could not even get into MacWorld at all. I ended up with Engadget which was disappointing as well. Really expected a better performance from MacWorld as an Insider member.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users