• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Post your comments for Remains of the Day: No Siri, that's my baby here

#2 User is offline   dominiquejames 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

Why is Siri not available in an English-speaking country like Singapore?

#3 User is offline   techwild2008 

• PipPip

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

View Postdominiquejames, on 13 October 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Why is Siri not available in an English-speaking country like Singapore?

"She" is very much a work in progress, I think.

#4 User is online   Macworldfan 

• PipPip

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Newton...funny.

#5 User is offline   heisetax 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

From what I read Siri is still in beta. Having no interest in it at the present time I do not have the references for that. Some say they have been using it. This sounds like the beta is the correct answer.

#6 User is offline   bio9 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:31 AM

that article on Scott Forstall was more about getting the board to plunder apple now that Jobs is out of the way then about the future leadership of apple. I really found it colored in a bad way.

but I guess I am biased a bit.
~~EXCELSIOR!

#7 User is offline   whitedog 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

Clearly, with people like Forstall to manage, Tim Cook has his work cut out for him. Even less traumatic leadership transitions at other companies have been divisive. We should not be surprised to see some upheaval and attrition at Apple in the next year of so. On the other hand, having someone of such obvious talent and drive on the team should keep Apple moving forward. The most often expressed concern for the post-Steve Jobs era at Apple has been, where will the energy, ideas and vision come from now? Forstall could be at least part of the answer. He may be demanding and ambitious, but he has achieved spectacular results. Nothing could be more Steve Jobs-like than that. It will be Tim Cook's job to harness such forces within Apple to a common purpose. If he can do that, he, too, may go down in history as one of the best executives of his time. These new dynamics will, indeed, change the complexion of the leadership at Apple. Hopefully the end result in the future will be much the same as it has been over the last decade of Apple's unprecedented success.

And it's not like people at Apple are unaccustomed to forceful leadership. I daresay that while a tyro like Forstall may drive some talented people away, others, with a thicker skin, will be more than happy to replace them for the opportunity to work at such a forward looking company. Apple is the best at what it does, bar none. Working for the best is bound to be as stressful as it is rewarding. How could it be otherwise? Some people relish the challenge; others don't. Just the same, even Apple's cast-offs improve the general gene pool, as it were. To say that Apple is a breading ground for talented people who go on to improve other businesses is hardly a negative, after all.

#8 User is offline   whitedog 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

Clearly, with people like Forstall to manage, Tim Cook has his work cut out for him. Even less traumatic leadership transitions at other companies have been divisive. We should not be surprised to see some upheaval and attrition at Apple in the next year of so. On the other hand, having someone of such obvious talent and drive on the team should keep Apple moving forward. The most often expressed concern for the post-Steve Jobs era at Apple has been, where will the energy, ideas and vision come from now? Forstall could be at least part of the answer. He may be demanding and ambitious, but he has achieved spectacular results. Nothing could be more Steve Jobs-like than that. It will be Tim Cook's job to harness such forces within Apple to a common purpose. If he can do that, he, too, may go down in history as one of the best executives of his time. These new dynamics will, indeed, change the complexion of the leadership at Apple. Hopefully the end result in the future will be much the same as it has been over the last decade of Apple's unprecedented success.

And it's not like people at Apple are unaccustomed to forceful leadership. I daresay that while a tyro like Forstall may drive some talented people away, others, with a thicker skin, will be more than happy to replace them for the opportunity to work at such a forward looking company. Apple is the best at what it does, bar none. Working for the best is bound to be as stressful as it is rewarding. How could it be otherwise? Some people relish the challenge; others don't. Just the same, even Apple's cast-offs improve the general gene pool, as it were. To say that Apple is a breading ground for talented people who go on to improve other businesses is hardly a negative, after all.

#9 User is offline   inkjetstore 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Siri is epic fail. It looked promising at first but then these days, there is nothing more to expect from it.

Pat of <a href="http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/okidata-43502301-compatible-toner-cartridge">oki b4600</a>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users