• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Post your comments for Syncing iCloud with Windows and Outlook here

#2 User is offline   JasonKlein 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Before synching your Outlook calendar with iCloud, you should know that it doesn't support Reminders. I set up my Outlook calendar on iCloud, which deleted all the events on my original Outlook calendar and created a new iCloud calendar within Outlook. When I tried to set a reminder for an event I created in Outlook, it said "This calendar does not support reminders." This was a deal breaker for me. Fortunately, Apple makes it fairly easy to switch back. Now I just sync with Outlook via iTunes, and that works.

#3 User is offline   Blackstter 

• Pip

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Maybe its me, but my iCloud CAlendar won't syc with Outlook unless it originates the Calendar event.
That can't be right, now can it?

#4 User is offline   KPOM 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Outlook integration needs some work. Contacts, for instance, only syncs contacts within an "iCloud" folder, and this folder doesn't support categories. Fortunately for me, my work contacts sync automatically through an Exchange server to my iPhone. I use the iCloud folder only for personal contacts that I want to sync between my work PC, personal Mac, and iOS devices.

#5 User is offline   autoca 

• Pip

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

iCloud needs a great refurbishment in windows with Outlook. It creates a new outlook file, the calendar doesn't work fine and make a copy of contacts without folders. It works in a strange manner. I can't recommend this until change almost everything

#6 User is online   Raja_Hornstein 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

So Apple has it covered. You can synch iCloud to Windows and Outlook. Whoop Di Doo! Now when are they going to make it possible to synch iCloud to Snow Leopard? I never thought Apple would be so disloyal to their own customers.

#7 User is offline   JCCrouch 

• Pip

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

View PostKPOM, on 24 October 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

Outlook integration needs some work. Contacts, for instance, only syncs contacts within an "iCloud" folder, and this folder doesn't support categories. Fortunately for me, my work contacts sync automatically through an Exchange server to my iPhone. I use the iCloud folder only for personal contacts that I want to sync between my work PC, personal Mac, and iOS devices.

Thanks for the info. I'm not yet using iCloud, but am about to get a new iphone and iPad. I currently sync my old iphone through an exchange server on my PC at work, but am not syncing contacts or calendar to my MacBook Pro (I do sync personal email between the iPhone and MacBook). Do you also sync your calendar to all of your devices--work PC, personal Mac and iOS devices?

#8 User is offline   Shellz 

• Pip

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

i am having trouble trying to get my updated icloud to sync with outlook in order to do a mail merge. I use googleapps. Everytime I go to merge from outlook contacts it comes up with the menu, but the 'ok' button is light grey so i can't import. Any suggestions..I have download googleapps migration to outlook, not sure if that will help or not...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users