• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostChris Breen, on 21 November 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostBenKu, on 21 November 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

Chris,

Did 5.0.1 help your battery issues?

Not entirely.

Thanks for the reply. I was having the 50% battery issue before iOS 5.0.1 and 5.0.1 fixed that (on both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S). This latest issue though of the heat + 2 hour battery life seems much worse though. I'm going to try the iCloud disabling and see if that helps any.

The biggest disappointment in this whole thing was how unhelpful Apple Support has been. They didn't even have me try any of these steps basically saying it's not their fault, it's a beta product (which I was greatly offended by), and that my data is the issue and the only solution is to wipe it and start from scratch (unacceptable in my opinion).

#114 User is offline   Scubaman31 

• Pip

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

I've had my iPhone 4S for a month and most of the time it's been in its box 'cos it won't sync my contacts or addresses properly - or rather it syncs them partially! So I've reverted back to my iPhone 4 (where the battery drain is at least manageable) until I can get the iPhone 4 sufficiently well sorted to have another go with the 4S.

I've spent a couple of hours on the phone with an Apple Technician and still no luck. What do I reckon is the problem? Well, it isn't the 4S as the similar problems affect my iPhone4 and iPad1 so it must be IOS5 and/ or iCloud which is why I was hoping IOS 5.0.1 would do the trick (it hasn't) and why I'm waiting fr IOS 5.0.2 before going back to Apple.

In the meantime I noticed several common themes from other contributors to this thread:

o lots of crash dump reports

o under Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars at the bottom of the screen I have a greyed out message "Loading Contacts, Calendars..." that never seems to complete (the cause of the battery drain?)

o I can't turn off Contacts or Calendars without putting the iPad or iPhone into Flight Mode and doing a hard reset!

o whilst my Calendar entries sync via iCloud fine on my MacBook and MacPro nothing will synch properly via iCloud to my IOS devices. In desperation I now sync via cable attachment with iTunes running on my MacBook even though it tells me iCloud will do the syncing...

o on both iPad and iPhone different numbers of Contacts have sync on each device! But in neither case have all the Contacts I have in iCloud synced!! I have a feeling this may be due to exporting my contact list from MS Outlook where I had a number of contact category types which IOS 5 doesn't like

o finally I believe there is a major snafu over confusion between your Apple ID and whatever email address you've set up, particularly where like me you've had a .mac and a .me address. Also if you have a MobileMe Account DON'T move it to iCloud until this mess has been fixed. I'm convinced a lot of my problems are a result of prematurely migrating to iCloud.

This is a worse mess than the launch of MobileMe I'm surprised Apple is owning up more to the disaster that is iCloud...

#115 User is offline   NiladriDas 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostElVox, on 24 October 2011 - 09:59 AM, said:

I've got battery-kill twice on my iphone4...once on ios4 and once on ios5, and both times it was fixed by removing my mail accounts (have both imap and exchange, 4 accounts total), rebooting, and then adding the accounts back...problem disappears.

I blame a stuck push channel of one of the accounts, just have no clue which account it is, which is why I just kill 'em all :)

hey u can de-select push as d default mail sync on each email accounts, if u set it as 'manual' the iphone will only sync when u open the mail app. that saves a lot of battery n data. as soon as stopeed icloud from su=yncin calendar, contacts n turned off push email my battery life has increased almost 2 hours. but if icloud is this heavy apple shud really modify it.

#116 User is offline   AlanBarber 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

6 hours from fully charged to dead, with maybe, one phone call. I called for help and after we disabled everything down to a Nokia 2110 standard, it was to try it for a couple more days. Why would I have a IPhone if all I can use is the phone, and then, not exactly a lot, and, gotta stay close to a power outlet cos last time I checked, it would have to be recharged 4 times a day, at this rate. Its officially, a piece of [censored].

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users