Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Please bring back the direct link in the stories to the forum threads - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please bring back the direct link in the stories to the forum threads

#1 User is offline   DocNo 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I really don't care for the new layout for the comments in the stories. Which wouldn't be a problem if some genius in their infinite wisdom hadn't also decided to remove the link to the comment thread here in the forum too :angry:

Please at a minimum bring the link at the end of the stories to the comment thread in the forums. Then you can do whatever to satisfy your focus group testing tells you makes comments accessable to newbies or whatever the driver for making the changes were.

Thanks! B)

#2 User is offline   Serenity 

• Staff Editor
  • Group: Macworld Editorial

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostDocNo, on 08 January 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

I really don't care for the new layout for the comments in the stories. Which wouldn't be a problem if some genius in their infinite wisdom hadn't also decided to remove the link to the comment thread here in the forum too :angry:

Please at a minimum bring the link at the end of the stories to the comment thread in the forums. Then you can do whatever to satisfy your focus group testing tells you makes comments accessable to newbies or whatever the driver for making the changes were.

Thanks! B)

Hiya!

Our dev team is still fiddling with the comments based on user feedback and editorial feedback, so hang tight. (In the meantime, if it helps, you can also use the following bookmarklet to view the forum thread of any story: javascript:top.location.href=document.getElementById('forumlink').href; )

#3 User is offline   DocNo 

• Veteran

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostSerenity, on 18 January 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Our dev team is still fiddling with the comments based on user feedback and editorial feedback, so hang tight. (In the meantime, if it helps, you can also use the following bookmarklet to view the forum thread of any story: javascript:top.location.href=document.getElementById('forumlink').href; )

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   icerabbit 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Came here to say the same thing as DocNo.

There was no need to remove that forum link, if for no other reason other than completeness and the fact that comments can't be edited from the article page. You have to go through the forum.

I'll reserve judgement on the comment layout etc. Still have to get used to it. It seems alright but it also seems to take up a fair amount of space.

#5 User is offline   DocNo 

• Veteran

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Any update on this? The JS doesn't seem to be working any more :(

#6 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Holy smokes, I agree completely! The commenting system here is been a major pain in the rear. Starting yesterday, the submit button has gone dead when there aren't any comments on a story yet. I click on it all I want, and nothing happens. It's getting really tiresome to try to make comments here. Why can't we just have full commenting with formatting and all that stuff on the story page? Why all this falderal "chrome" that makes us click the Forum buttons at the top, and go to Story Discussion forum and then find the one we commented on just so we can edit a comment? Really, this is the best Macworld can do? I really don't think so.
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#7 User is offline   wardoggie 

• Veteran

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

View Postleicaman, on 04 April 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Holy smokes, I agree completely! The commenting system here is been a major pain in the rear. Starting yesterday, the submit button has gone dead when there aren't any comments on a story yet. I click on it all I want, and nothing happens. It's getting really tiresome to try to make comments here. Why can't we just have full commenting with formatting and all that stuff on the story page? Why all this falderal "chrome" that makes us click the Forum buttons at the top, and go to Story Discussion forum and then find the one we commented on just so we can edit a comment? Really, this is the best Macworld can do? I really don't think so.

Maybe that's the goal! LOL (says the guy with 1,300+ posts) :)

#8 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

View Postwardoggie, on 06 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

View Postleicaman, on 04 April 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Maybe that's the goal! LOL (says the guy with 1,300+ posts) :)

Doh! Of course! (Says the guy with almost 2,700 posts over a decade.)
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users