Introducing Ask the iTunes Guy
Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:33 AM
Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:12 AM
Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:44 AM
OK, so much for the introduction, where's the column?
Coming soon. We've gotten a huge number of e-mails already, and I've been sorting through them and working on what I'm going to cover first.
Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:09 PM
I just want to be able to plug in a unit and drag and drop without orrying about what syncs to what and if I do sync to something, if everything will be wiped off the face of the planet.
How do I get around this irritating and useless syncing?
Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:17 AM
1. I own an iPod Classic ( 160 GB ) and am close to reaching its capacity as I have been "ripping" all my Cds in the AIFF 16bits at 44.1 Hz so as to maintain "Cd Quality" data.
2. Noting the above, is there a way to connect either the an iPod, iPad or and IPhone to an external HDD that would store all the audio data and be able to access all the files as if they were on the device ( iPod, iPad or iPhone )
3. Yes, I have read about replacing the iPod Classic'snal HDD with larger capacities, but al looking at an option where all my Music is stored on a single HDD and by connecting ANY ipod, iPad or iPhone I can access all my music.
4. The external drive need not be portable - It can use AC input to power itself.
5. The closest I have come in my research is the HyperDrive as shown in this link :
Any ideas how I can achieve my objectives ?
Hope there are good solutions out there - I shall await your reply.