• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

Post your comments for Introducing Ask the iTunes Guy here

#2 User is offline   looper 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

I'd rather see "tell the iTunes Guy" -- on the assumption that Apple has people who pay attention to the website of the most-read Mac publication, this might be a way for your readers to get their attention and POLITELY REQUEST that they fix the @%$*# flaky iTunes Match matching for ripped tracks! One improvement that should be fairly simple to implement, and relatively immune to objections from the music labels, would be to let us insert a CD and, if it is identified by CDDB as an album that is in the iTunes Store, then _force_ iTunes Match to match _all_ of its tracks. Actually inserting the CD would prove that I am in possession of it (RIAA will have to trust me that I bought rather than borrowed it, of course, but that's no worse than dealing with my already-ripped tracks), and forcing a match of _all_ tracks would get rid of the annoying partial album matches everybody is complaining about. It'd be a hassle for me to unpack and re-insert all the CDs I've already ripped, but a lot less hassle than re-ripping them since each one would only have to stay in the drive long enough for CDDB to match it. I can't see any downside for Apple or RIAA on this one, and since iTunes can already ID a specific album using CDDB, it seems that all they'd have to code is a "bridge" to check if the album identified by CDDB is in the iTunes Store and eligible for iTunes Match. Can't be that hard, can it?

#3 User is offline   satjazz1 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

I don't know if this qualifies for your new column...? I have a hi-end stereo system just 25 feet from my computer (iMac 10.5). I love iTunes radio stations and would like to "send" that music to run through the stereo. I have tried the Airport 3 separate times and failed each time to get it working. What else do you suggest??

#4 User is offline   ThoughtfulReader 

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

"...we’ll round up the best and most interesting ones into a periodic column..."
OK, so much for the introduction, where's the column?

#5 User is offline   kirkmc 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostThoughtfulReader, on 15 January 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

"...we’ll round up the best and most interesting ones into a periodic column..."
OK, so much for the introduction, where's the column?

Coming soon. We've gotten a huge number of e-mails already, and I've been sorting through them and working on what I'm going to cover first.
Macworld Senior Contributor - Macworld's iTunes Guy - Editor of Mac OS X Hints
Read my blog Kirkville, writings about more than just Macs. Twitter: @mcelhearn
My latest book: Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ

#6 User is offline   MacRock 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Ok, is there any way to just get RID of the syncing crap. I have 2 iPads, 2 Touches, a shuffle, 4 older iPod models, and lots of other peripherals. I have Four various desktop MACs and a MacBook Pro. But I still have to do most things iTunes related through one main iMac.

I just want to be able to plug in a unit and drag and drop without orrying about what syncs to what and if I do sync to something, if everything will be wiped off the face of the planet.

How do I get around this irritating and useless syncing?

#7 User is offline   jvora 

• Pip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Ask The iTunes Guy service would not have come at a better time - My question is as follows :

1. I own an iPod Classic ( 160 GB ) and am close to reaching its capacity as I have been "ripping" all my Cds in the AIFF 16bits at 44.1 Hz so as to maintain "Cd Quality" data.

2. Noting the above, is there a way to connect either the an iPod, iPad or and IPhone to an external HDD that would store all the audio data and be able to access all the files as if they were on the device ( iPod, iPad or iPhone )

3. Yes, I have read about replacing the iPod Classic'snal HDD with larger capacities, but al looking at an option where all my Music is stored on a single HDD and by connecting ANY ipod, iPad or iPhone I can access all my music.

4. The external drive need not be portable - It can use AC input to power itself.

5. The closest I have come in my research is the HyperDrive as shown in this link :

http://www.hypershop...Drive-s/183.htm

Any ideas how I can achieve my objectives ?

Hope there are good solutions out there - I shall await your reply.

Thanking you,

Jai

#8 User is offline   Mrlhutz 

• Pip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

What happened to the scroll through arrow in the cover art box?

#9 User is offline   MarianSweetland 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

Would like to customize my playlist without alphabetical order, can this be done. I know I did this last year for camping but this year it suddenly became challenging.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users