Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quicken 2003 Failures on Mac OSX 10.6.8

#1 User is offline   merylp 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

When I purchased my MacBookPro 10.6.8 I installed the Quicken 2003 that I have been using for years. I'm finding that items I enter in my check register are frequently dropped and balances change from one usage to the next without new entries being made. I need software that will maintain a check register and allow me to print the checks I write and reconcile each month. The other functions of Quicken are rarely used. Can anyone recommend something that will stabilize the functions I do use? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

View Postmerylp, on 18 January 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

When I purchased my MacBookPro 10.6.8 I installed the Quicken 2003 that I have been using for years. I'm finding that items I enter in my check register are frequently dropped and balances change from one usage to the next without new entries being made. I need software that will maintain a check register and allow me to print the checks I write and reconcile each month. The other functions of Quicken are rarely used. Can anyone recommend something that will stabilize the functions I do use? Thanks.

Quicken 2003 was actually released in late 2002; it's getting close to 10 years old. I would suggest simply upgrading to Quicken Essentials. It's inexpensive, it has the features you say you want and so far it's been quite reliable for me, since I moved from Q2007.

#3 User is offline   merylp 

• Pip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

View Postbastion, on 19 January 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Quicken 2003 was actually released in late 2002; it's getting close to 10 years old. I would suggest simply upgrading to Quicken Essentials. It's inexpensive, it has the features you say you want and so far it's been quite reliable for me, since I moved from Q2007.

Thanks for your response. I did get Quicken Essentials, but it doesn't have a check register and doesn't allow me to write checks. If you know otherwise, I'd appreciate your noting some specifics. I've gone through the guide and it states that check writing is not an available function. Am I missing something? (Version 1.6.1)

#4 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

View Postmerylp, on 19 January 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Thanks for your response. I did get Quicken Essentials, but it doesn't have a check register and doesn't allow me to write checks. If you know otherwise, I'd appreciate your noting some specifics. I've gone through the guide and it states that check writing is not an available function. Am I missing something? (Version 1.6.1)

I have no idea what you were looking at. QE certainly has a check register; I've been using it regularly for months. As for printing:

http://quicken.intui...c/GEN82839.html

#5 User is offline   merylp 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postbastion, on 19 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

I have no idea what you were looking at. QE certainly has a check register; I've been using it regularly for months. As for printing:

#6 User is offline   merylp 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postbastion, on 19 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

#7 User is offline   merylp 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thank you so much for your help. My version of Quicken Essentials did not have the option of selecting "Print Checks" from the File menu, but today, I downloaded an Update after which the Print Checks option DID appear. I think I have what I need now. I appreciate your responses and assistance.
Meryl

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users