• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

kiesviawifiagent.app eating 90% of the CPU

#1 User is offline   doordie 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to find and get rid of kiesviawifiagent.app? Ideally, I would like to keep the functionality of kies.app to be able to sync the data between my MBP and my mobile. However, I am not quite sure whether it is possible to remove kiesviawifiagent.app, which is unbelievably slowing down my laptop, without loosing the herein mentioned functionality of kies.app. I should stress that I am not concerned about loosing the option of wifi syncing. Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions?

Cheers,
Jiri

This post has been edited by doordie: 28 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

View Postdoordie, on 28 January 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to find and get rid of kiesviawifiagent.app? Ideally, I would like to keep the functionality of kies.app to be able to sync the data between my MBP and my mobile. However, I am not quite sure whether it is possible to remove kiesviawifiagent.app, which is unbelievably slowing down my laptop, without loosing the herein mentioned functionality of kies.app. I should stress that I am not concerned about loosing the option of wifi syncing. Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions?

Cheers,
Jiri

Have you asked the developer how/if it can be disabled? Finding it is easy, but there's no point if something else you want to run is built to require it.

#3 User is offline   twotl 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hi. I've faced with this problem too.
Can't find any reasons of this problem.
So, I just deleted kiesviawifiagent.

If kiesviawifiagent is running, kill it.
Open Finder, Application, ctrl+click on Kies, Show Package Contents, open Contents/MacOS, delete kiesviawifiagent.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users