Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Clarify makes it easy to create annotated images and how-to documents - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clarify makes it easy to create annotated images and how-to documents

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Post your comments for Clarify makes it easy to create annotated images and how-to documents here

#2 User is offline   doshea 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

ScreenSteps is another good documentation program for the same price. I would suggest checking out both of them.

#3 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

View Postdoshea, on 01 February 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

ScreenSteps is another good documentation program for the same price. I would suggest checking out both of them.

ScreenSteps is actually from the same developer as Clarify, although it's not the same price: Clarify is $30, ScreenSteps Standard is $40, and ScreenSteps Pro is $80.

The company has a document explaining the differences:
http://help.clarify-...and-screensteps
Dan Frakes / Senior Editor, Macworld

#4 User is offline   TheFLP 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

I already use three screenshot apps (SnagIt, Layers and the Screenshot Plus dashboard widget), but that doesn't mean I can't use a fourth one. :)

And if this makes it easier to prepare how-to's for our internal blog, then $30 is a bargain.

My name is The FLP and I'm a screenshot addict.

#5 User is offline   dreyfus 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

"Part of the reason is that we take a lot of screenshots here at Macworld."

Yeah. But the question remains, when will you start publishing them at a size that allows us to actually see something on them? I do understand that large images would mess up the layout, but at least making a full size image available (ideally in an overlay) when clicking on it... should be possible?

(Sorry, not meant to be disrespectful, but the majority of images on this site are not really conveying anything.)

Otherwise: Thanks for the review, this sounds like a product I can really make good use of, will definitely give it a try. I actually quite like Voila for static screen shots, but its stupid restriction of limiting annotations to the boundary of the screenshot makes it useless in many cases (e.g. when copying an application menu, you obviously want to put annotations outside the picture and not inside the menu, as there is no space... Voila can't do that).

#6 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

View Postdreyfus, on 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Yeah. But the question remains, when will you start publishing them at a size that allows us to actually see something on them? I do understand that large images would mess up the layout, but at least making a full size image available (ideally in an overlay) when clicking on it... should be possible?

You mean like the image in this review? ;) We just recently gained the capability to do that easily, so you should see more such images going forward.
Dan Frakes / Senior Editor, Macworld

#7 User is offline   TerryVeiga 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

I go back and forth between LittleSnapper and Voila. Love 'em. But upset that you can't toggle off Finder's drop shadows in Voila.

#8 User is offline   dreyfus 

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostDan Frakes, on 01 February 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

View Postdreyfus, on 01 February 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

You mean like the image in this review? ;) We just recently gained the capability to do that easily, so you should see more such images going forward.

Hahaha, well, that (my comment) was most definitely the wrong comment at the wrong time then! Never mind, thanks for the correction and the great improvement to the site!

#9 User is offline   mitchbryars 

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

I trialled the app for two weeks, did a few presentations, downloaded the manual. Hands down, an excellent app which I just purchased.. Enablies me to do instructional presentations easily and saves me lots of time in the process. Would highly recommend.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users