• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Five exciting app changes in Mountain Lion

#15 User is offline   irwindesign 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Nothing I see here seems to be necessary. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist. I use the Mac as a full tilt production machine for design, production and extensive photoshop work. I really don't need a $6,000 iPhone. All of this stuff seems gimmicky and consumer oriented. Yes, I have an iPhone, and a Touch and I'm planning to buy an iPad, BUT, I don't need a Mac with bells and whistles that aren't necessary. It seems Apple has forgotten the folks that got them where they are, in favor of a much more consumer driven product.

#16 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

View Postk88dad, on 16 February 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Catamount, you say? A Mountain Lion does have a lot of aliases. Cougar, Panther and Puma all come to mind. Two of those names have already been used. Lynx and Bobcat are not doing it for me.

I'm still waiting on Ocelot. I'm sure Ubuntu wouldn't mind. Napoleon Dynamite fans will want an OS X Liger.

Liger would be sweet.

Serval? Puddy Tat? Garfield?

This post has been edited by leicaman: 17 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#17 User is offline   kolive81 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'd like to see AirPlay directed towards a mac, i.e. the mac mirrors what's on my iOS device. I use an iMac and have a mini attached to the TV. The only thing missing on the mac is AirPlay but that wouldn't sell apple TVs. While we're wishing, screen sharing should be able to share audio and iTunes should be able to send audio to other macs.

#18 User is offline   WhiteKnight 

• PipPip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'd be happy if they just fixed Mail so it plays well with Exchange. After that, getting iCal to be more Exchange friendly would also be preferred, including making it so I can delete appointments without notifying the whole @#$% planet! Features??? Heck, I just want what I have to work properly.

#19 User is offline   frd750 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostKees, on 17 February 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

The ONLY feature I'm really looking for is 'disable auto-save'
Not having a 'don't save prompt' is still, after all these months, wreaking havoc with my workflow.
Sadly, it doesn't seem that's going to happen.

Fortunately, developers outside of Apple seem to recognize the current implementation sucks and are in no rush to support it.

The only thing I want to see in Mountain Lion is save as. The rest of what I see in Mountain Lion is unwanted eye candy and I got more than enough of that in Lion. I see absolutely nothing about the five

Changes so far announced, Just more change for the sake of change that ignores the consequences to the work flows of people who use Macs for something other than a toy.

#20 User is offline   Serenity 

• Staff Editor
  • Group: Macworld Editorial

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postfrd750, on 17 February 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Not having a 'don't save prompt' is still, after all these months, wreaking havoc with my workflow.

Fortunately, developers outside of Apple seem to recognize the current implementation sucks and are in no rush to support it.

The only thing I want to see in Mountain Lion is save as. The rest of what I see in Mountain Lion is unwanted eye candy and I got more than enough of that in Lion. I see absolutely nothing about the five

Changes so far announced, Just more change for the sake of change that ignores the consequences to the work flows of people who use Macs for something other than a toy.

One nice thing I like about Mountain Lion: Command-Shift-S is now mapped to Duplicate, so that it's more Save As-like.

#21 User is offline   NikkolBennett 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

The removal of the calendar/mini calendars in Lion was a deal-breaker for me to not install it on my work MBP, so I'm really pleased to see that feature will be brought back. Now, if they'd just add back Save As...

#22 User is offline   Biallystock 

• PipPip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm so excited!!!!

This integration of the 2 most advanced Operating Systems on the planet, is going to show everyone how it SHOULD be done.

Wait till I show all my friends my Mac running all my iOS apps transparently.

No clumsily having to go through a browser to connect to and open all my Pages documents.

Those PC users will be sooooo jealous!

#23 User is offline   Biallystock 

• PipPip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostSerenity, on 17 February 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

One nice thing I like about Mountain Lion: Command-Shift-S is now mapped to Duplicate, so that it's more Save As-like.

Amazing how long the obvious takes at One Infinity Loop.

#24 User is offline   hmurchison 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Posttracyvalleau, on 16 February 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

Wish list: how about a pref to toggle "auto-save"?

Already there

http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

#25 User is offline   JordanWatkins 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postfrd750, on 17 February 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Press duplicate, then duplicate & revert. It does the exact same thing as save as.

#26 User is offline   windlasher 

• PipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Can they put back the ability to search network drives?

#27 User is offline   charlituna 

• PipPip

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postirwindesign, on 17 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

It seems Apple has forgotten the folks that got them where they are, in favor of a much more consumer driven product.

Totally shameful that a company looking to make money would cater to the larger audience group

#28 User is offline   SujayKulshrestha 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Is there any way to add annotations to pdfs in preview? I've been trying for about an hour with no success, but I can see my old annotations and the new view is pretty nice; I'm definitely being stupid and missing something--how do I add a new one (not necessarily highlighting text)?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users