• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Post your comments for Clear for iPhone here

#2 User is offline   MacAdvocate 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Agreed. If you're even semi-serious about to-dos, this app won't cut it. If you're into GTD at all, this app won't come close. I'm an OmniFocus guy, so I'm probably on the extreme end of the spectrum, but I can't see this appealing to anyone unless this is their first to-do app.

#3 User is offline   tfigs121 

• PipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

Good review that covers the app well. It is certainly not for everyone. I bought into the hype and purchased this. The interface is different and it is FUN to use. It is for basic to do lists - things I need to get done today; shopping list; reminders of things to do. With no date setting or alarms it is not for tasks that must get done at a certain time or date. There are more robust apps for that - I use Due. But, I find it better than Apple's Reminder app which lacks a badge icon to let me know that I have to dos or reminders listed. And the sounds and interactive interface are fun. It was worth my dollar.

#4 User is offline   djr12 

• PipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

This review is actually a mini work of genius itself. You nailed the app's pros and cons, and you're so dead on about wanting our task managers to somehow make up for our own organizational inefficiencies. Well, at least you're dead on about me. I keep hoping to find that perfect piece of software, on any platform, that will magically make me organized. Clear looks great and gets points for innovative use of gestures, but it does seem to be innovation for its own sake. It's not really all that more intuitive or productive to do things the way they've done. It just feels like they wanted to take advantage of iOS. Points for trying. You might really have something if you merged this app's style with the power of Reminders (which could certainly use some interface tweaks -- why on earth do I have to tap out of a list item in order to then go back and add a Reminder? The app is *called* Reminders, for crying out loud. Don't make me fish for the functionality). That might hit the sweet spot of design and simplicity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users